first dates: (dream) aubrey

You looked over the spread again. You had to make sure everything was perfect. It took you quite some time to get everything to Pinwheel Forest, but it appeared that everything was ready. You were thankful for that, because a very happy Aubrey was making her way over to you.

"YN! I'm here!" She stopped to look at what you had set up. It wasn't much in your opinion: just a picnic blanket, some candles, some peach soda in some fancy glasses, and a nice dinner. "Whoa... this is beautiful! Did you do this by yourself?"

"Y-yeah, is it alright?"

"Is it alright? Duh, you set it up! It's perfect! Can I try some of this food, it looks delicious!" You said yes, so she sat down next to you and ate a bit from her plate. She was wearing a different dress, and she had tied her hair in a ponytail rather than down. She grinned happily as you stared at her in awe. "This is really nice, YN! H-hey, is there something on my face?"

"No, you just... You look r-really pretty tonight," you admitted, sticking some more food into your mouth in hopes that it'd stop you from saying anything embarrassing.

"Oh." Her face went pink with a blush. "Thank you. You look nice as well."

You both sat in silence for a while, eating your food. But, you both eventually loosened up a little bit, and you just listened to each other talk and tell stories. After you had finished eating, you pulled out your sketchbook and got to drawing as Aubrey told you about one of the adventures she had with the boys.

"....And then he punched her right in the face! She deserved it, though... poor Rococo... and Space Boyfriend... and the sprout moles!"

"Yeah, it sounds horrible in that castle!"

"I think it's still there, actually... I don't know, I could be imagining things, though," she mumbled to herself as she laid down. You joined her in looking up at the stars. The sky was beautiful: purple, and dotted with constellations and stars.

"...Can you see any pictures, YN?" Aubrey asked you, pointing at the stars with a sigh. "There's an open book there."

You looked a little closer. Sure enough, there were pictures. "I can see a chair."

"Where?" You gently grabbed her arm and pointed her finger towards the chair. She squinted at the sky, but eventually spotted it with a little more encouragement from you. "Ah! I see it! Wow, cool!"

"Yeah, cool."

She looked over to you again, a happy smile on her face. But, then, she rolled over and planted a kiss on your lips. It lasted a couple of seconds before she pulled away and rolled back to stare at the sky. You stiffened, cheeks reddening as you ran your fingers over your lips.

"I-I mean, I didn't- You just- Uh..." She laughed at your response.

"Oh, sorry, sorry, NN, you're just cute when you're flustered, hehe."

Aubrey then grabbed your hand, rubbing her thumb over the back of your hand in slow circles. You were still a little shaken by the sudden kiss... In a good way, of course, it just took you by surprise that she'd kiss you so suddenly. You both liked it, though. "Th-this has been fun... Would you wanna, I don't k-know... go on another date some time?"

"That sounds like a plan to me," she responded with a nod and a grin. The smile made you smile too. You never knew that you'd be so... nervous over a girl. But, hey, that girl was your girl, and you loved her wholeheartedly.

Alright, you probably have an idea of what I'm about to say... tHANKS FOR 6K READS YOU GUYS I HONESTLY CAN'T PROPERLY COMPREHEND THIS AT A L L
Alright, that's all I've gotta say for now! Catch ya on the flip side, trash gremlins!
- Trashbag