first dates: mari

You were kind of nervous. It was weird. You weren't one to get nervous. Blanket, check. Food, check. Sparkling age-appropriate fruit juice, check. There was just one thing missing... "Hey, YN!" There she was. That's right, you hosted a picnic for Mari. She stood there for a few minutes, staring at everything you had set up. You placed an oil lantern in the middle of the rug, both for the aesthetic and for light, so you could see the delighted look on her face.

"YN... This is... You did this yourself?" You nodded curtly in response. "Oh my..."

She sat down next to you on the rug, a smile on her face.

"So... If you'd like to eat anything," you mumbled shyly, gesturing to the food. "I'll pour us some drinks."

"Oh! Of course I would, this looks amazing!" She stuck a piece into her mouth happily, letting out a hum of satisfaction.

"I'm sorry, I'm not the best chef..." you mumbled as you finished pouring her drink.

"What do you mean?! This is sooooo good, YN! I should have you come cook with us more some time!" she yelled, grabbing onto your arm.

"You really mean it?"

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"

As the sun slowly began to set, you began to relax in Mari's presence. There was something that felt so intimidating, being in the vicinity of an angel. The way she smiled, the way she laughed... It took all of your effort to attempt to not do the same. But, you ultimately failed, feeling the happiest you had been for quite some time. It was dark. You were both talking, but she stood up and dusted herself off.

"Hey, YN, I have an idea!"

"What's this idea?"

With a cheeky grin, she ran off into the fields. "Hide and seek, of course! I haven't played in a while!"

"Oh, you..."

You leapt to your feet, pulling your torch out from your bag and following suit. One thing about Mari that worked to her advantage was the fact that she was very, very fast. And, you lost sight of her very, very quickly.

"Damnit," you mumbled, wandering around in the tall cattails. You could hear her laughter, but you had no clue where she could be. It sounded like she was everywhere. "Mari? Where did you go?"

Then, out of nowhere, you were tackled. You immediately tensed up, ready to attack, but you calmed down when you noticed the smell of cinnamon and flowers. That was Mari. She landed on top of you on the ground. It hurt a little, but not all that much. The plants broke your fall.

"Haha! Gotcha, YN!" she giggled, booping your nose with a sigh after.

"Right, you got me-"

She cut you admitting defeat off with a kiss. It was shocking to you, so it took you a while to kiss back. After you parted, she smiled at you.

"YN, are you alright? You're giving a tomato a run for it's money."

"I-I mean... Um..."

"Haha, you're so cute."

She rolled off of you and gazed at the stars. There were thousands upon thousands of them in the sky. And, they lit up your faces in the darkness.

And, as you looked over to the peaceful Mari, you knew... You were head over heels in love with her.

GUESS WHO'S BACK BABEY!!
Alright, you guys are pulling my leg here. 15k reads?! What?! Y'all are blowing my mind here!
I think that's all I have to say for now, though. Catch you on the flip side, trash gremlins!
- Trashbag