two-person literature club: kel x reader

Story: YN teaches Kel basic English on an autumn day and gives him DDLC flashbacks (and other flashbacks) in the process.

~~~

You hummed to yourself, taking another sip of your hot chocolate. It was sweet, creamy and rich. Kel really knew his way around a warm drink. The rain was pouring down outside your bedroom window and onto the ground that coated itself in orange, red and brown leaves that crunched underfoot. There was jazz music playing from a bluetooth speaker across the room, and you cuddled with your loving boyfriend under your bed's blankets, his jumper's sleeves reaching past your hands. It looked like something you'd find on Pinterest. It was impressive that he was able to do this all by himself for you both. Kel was in the middle of your favourite book, reading intently. You didn't expect him to enjoy it as much as he was.

"You're not too bad at making hot chocolate, you know," you told him, and he looked at you lovingly, a soft smile on his face. "You're also a whole lot more calm than I expected you to be. What's up with that?"

"I dunno, I guess autumn makes me sleepier," he hummed, his voice a bit more deep and croaky due to the fact he seemed as if he was about to nod off.

"How's that book treating you?"

"I'm enjoying it, surprisingly. I didn't know that reading could be fun."

"That's because you ignore all your English assignments. Maybe you should quit basketball, join a literature club instead."

"Hell no, literature clubs bring back way too many bad memories. What happened to Sayori still gives me the creeps," he chuckled, shuddering slightly. 

"I thought you were a horror fan. A big macho alpha male, hoo-ha." You made your voice deeper mockingly, and he slugged you in the arm.

"Hey, even the big macho alpha male, hoo-ha, can get a little frightened sometimes, especially by... certain things. Tldr, I am most definitely not joining a literature club. Besides, me can speak English very goods."

You cringed a little as he laughed harder, ruffling a hand through your hair and placing a gentle kiss on your forehead. "You just like to do this to make me suffer."

"What can I say, you're cute when you're suffering."

"You're such a dweeb."

"Yeah, but I'm your dweeb."

You paused a little, placing your mug on the side table and cuddling into his side. "Maybe I could tutor you. Force you into a poem or two."

"Noooooo..." he whined, his voice still groggy as he pulled the blankets over you both and shrouding you in darkness.

"Come on, Kel. You love me, remember? You're my dweeb."

"Noooooooooo..."

"...I'll order pizza to eat as we work," you sighed, tapping the tip of his nose lightly.

"...Will you get me pepperoni?"

"I'll get you pepperoni."

"Fine, you win," he grumbled, yet he kept a small smile on his face. "Teach me your ways, o wise one."

About half an hour later, Kel was scribbling away at a notepad as he sat at the end of your bed. He looked over it a couple of times, taking a mouthful of pizza. "I fink it'th dun."

"Alright, can I read?"

"Thure."

He passed the book to you to have a look over. His writing was kinda scribbled, but you could still read it.

Weather - By Kel Connor (aka me!)

Have I told you about the sun?
The sun is bright and warm.
They kiss me, softly and lovingly.
Shine on me when I feel sad.

Have I told you about the moon?
The moon is cool and calm.
Sometimes, it goes rather dull.
Light the night with your wisdom.

Have I told you about the stars?
The stars are twinkly and brilliant.
There's lots of them, all over the place.
Sparkle with me at night.

Have I told you about the rain?
The rain is grey and dull.
It hangs limp and dead, and it falls hard.
Please come back to us.

You smiled. It wasn't all that bad a poem. He was staring at you quietly, holding tightly onto the plush lion you got on your first date. He wasn't frowning, but he wasn't smiling either. A neutral face. "I liked it..."

"Thank you."

"...but let's talk about that last stanza." His eyes widened slightly as slowly he began to tremble, fidgeting with his hands. "It's about her, right?"

"..."

You moved the empty pizza box off of the bed and crawled over, wrapping him in your arms tightly, a hug which he shakily reciprocated. "Please, you can let it out. Talk to me." After about 20 seconds of silence, you could hear some gentle sobs, tears slowly spilling onto your HC hair as he pulled you closer.

"...YN."

"Yes."

"YN, I'm s-scared."

"Let it out."

"I-I don't really wanna talk right now. Maybe later. Can we just... be?" he muttered, gently rocking you side-to-side. "Be here. With you. I... I wanna b-be here with you right now for a bit. No more literature for today."

You didn't say a word. You just nodded, leaning against him and taking a deep breath. You kicked the notepad off the side of your bed and looked out the window. The rain had slowed to a mere drizzle. The leaves were soggy. The candles had almost burnt out. And, at that moment in time, you were.

ALRIGHT I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA BECAUSE OF THREE THINGS
1) I LOVE KEL
2) I LOVE DDLC (AND DDLC+ HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED LES GOOOOO)
3) I LOVE AUTUMN AND I MISS IT
SO YEAH THIS IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE GET PLEASE LIKE IT
ALSO 96.3K READS WHAT; WE ALMOST THERE AND THANK YOU
That's all for now! Catch you on the flip side, trash gremlins!
- Trashbag