everything gets better again

OMORI
You sat on the floor, Mewo laying next to you as you sobbed quietly. It had been a while since you last saw Omori. You were admittedly beginning to get worried. But, after a few minutes, you could hear a sharp inhale, then fast footsteps making their way towards you. Next thing you knew, Omori was hugging you tightly from behind, burying his face into the crook of your neck. You could feel some small tears on your shoulder.

"YN... My angel... I'm sorry. I never wanted this. I never wanted to push you away. I-I overreacted. Do you... Do you hate me now? I still think I don't deserve you, if that makes anything better, which I don't think it will... I understand if it doesn't."

You smiled a little before turning around to give him a small kiss. "I forgive you. Don't worry. You... did what you did, but you didn't mean what you did, if that makes sense."

You shifted around to accept his embrace. He sniffled before grinning at you.

"Perfectly."

(DREAM) KEL
You were wrapped in a blanket on your couch, taking a large sip of your Orange Joe in an attempt to restore your juice. You were feeling weary and tired. Well, what were you to expect? You just got your butt handed to you by a group of very angry, very lost sprout moles, after all.

You were almost asleep, before you could hear someone rattling around in your kitchen. You stiffened, but immediately relaxed. Kel never left your house. You assumed he was going to steal food out of your fridge, then leave. But, no. He came back into your living room, holding a bowl of ramen.

He took a seat on the floor in front of you, and carefully fed the ramen to you. He had a bit of an embarrassed and sad look on his face. "I assume this is your attempt at an apology?"

"You know I'm not good with words, YN. A-and it's only an apology if you forgive me." He blushed a little, to which you smiled.

"You're lucky I accept it, you dork."

(DREAM) AUBREY
You stood at the front door of Neighbour's Room, carefully knocking on the wood. You sighed a little before you began.

"A-Aubrey? Are you home? I just wanted to apologise. I-I know people are judging us and stuff, saying that you could do better than me, and I know they're right, but I don't think I can do better than you! B-because, you are the best! Not just for me, for everyone! They're all missing out on you! And I was so lucky to be your partner, so I hope that you'll forgive me. I'm sorry for walking out on you."

There was no response. You sighed a little and began to walk off, but the door handle shook and a teary-eyed Aubrey leapt onto you, embracing you in a hug.

"I knew you'd come back, YN. I'm... I forgive you. I love you."

"I love you too."

(DREAM) HERO
You were wandering home in the rain, a sad frown on your face. You were broken up with, you were kissed without consent, and you forgot your umbrella when it was pouring in the middle of the night. How could your day get any worse? But, there were splashing footsteps in the puddles, then the rain stopped. But, you could still hear it... Hero was there, holding a brightly coloured umbrella over you.

"I reported that Ryan guy to your supervisor. I just wanted to say sorry."

"You're gonna get drenched, get under here," you sighed, a soft smile on his face. "I hope you sorted it out rationally."

"...There is a chance that I heard him make an inappropriate comment or two about you... and there's a chance that I kinda sorta punched him in the nose."

"Well, you're lucky that I love you too."

(DREAM) BASIL
You were in your garden, taking care of the flowers again. You were a little sad. The garden didn't look as bright. You missed Basil's company. His smile, his laugh, his voice, him. But, you could hear as someone walked through the lush grass. You looked up to see Basil, who looked displeased as he wandered past your yard.