back off: hero x reader

Story: Hero helps YN at a party.
Warnings for alcohol (where I live, the legal drinking age is 18/19, Hero and YN are about 19-ish) and harassment.

~~~

You started to regret every single decision you had ever made that led you to that point. The music was overly loud, there were overly intoxicated people everywhere, and you were leaning on the back wall, guarding your cup with your life as you glanced around, desperate for a way out of there. You regretted coming along with your friends. You should have said no, but they pleaded for you to be their designated driver until you said yes. Hero even said he'd tag along so you wouldn't feel lonely. Boy, did that go well. He was scooped up by some of his friends, told you he'd be back in a minute, and you hadn't seen him for 45 minutes since then. You decided to just stick your drink on top of a cupboard and abandon it for the night, pulling out your phone.

When you unlocked your phone, your eyes immediately drifted to the call option. Would calling Hero be worth it? Would he even pick up? Well, there was no harm in trying, so you pressed his contact and let it ring out.

Ring... Ring...

"Hey, you've reached Henry. I can't come to the phone right now, but leave a message after the beep, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

BEEP!

"H-hey, Hero, it's YN." You paused for a second to think over what you were gonna say. "I'm, uh, I'm at the party. I think I'm in the living room? Well, I'm a couple of doors away from the bathroom... at least, I think I am. I just wanted to check in, see how you're going... Alright, cool, come see me, bye!"

You hung up and sighed, opening a different app. The harsh light hurt your eyes in comparison to the dark room of the party, so you turned down the brightness and continued to scroll. But, your scrolling was cut short by another party goer. He had a half-finished beer bottle in his hand, and he was wandering through the crowds. When people saw him, their faces fell or they physically recoiled in disgust. Noticing he was wandering your way, you were going to make a break for it, but the throng kept you boxed in. You were trapped, he noticed, and he was ready to take full advantage of that fact.

"Hey, sugar. Where d'you think you're running to so soon? The night's still young."

The smell of his breath assaulted your nose as he got closer. "I was actually just on my way to the bathroom, so if you'd excuse me-"

The sleazy douchebag student gripped onto your wrist tightly, preventing you from walking any further. You struggled to get free, but he held on tighter. "I'm sure you can wait for just a minute. You know, I just wanna talk. Get to know you."

"I don't want to talk, now let me go."

"You don't wanna talk? Got it." He used his strength advantage to push you against the wall, leaving you pinned. "We can just skip the talking, sugar."

You fought against him, but he held on. You were disgusted and uncomfortable, but you knew he had you trapped. But, just as he was about to make a further advance, somebody tapped on his shoulder. He turned around to see who it was, but his head violently jerked back in an instant. He yelled. He was bleeding from his nose. Somebody had punched him in the face.

"They said no. Back off," Hero stated, grabbing your harasser's shoulder and pulling him off of you, pressing him against the wall next to you. The man cowered in fear, and Hero towered over him, a stern look in his eyes. "The only date you're gonna get if you act like that is one with your left fucking hand, okay? Don't touch them, or anyone else at this party, got it?"

"G-got it... sir?"

"And you're not going to act like this to anyone else, are you?"

"I won't! I-I swear on my life."

"Good. Now, get out of here. You've probably got a test you need to study for." He scurried off into the crowd, and Hero sighed deeply, giving you a tight hug. Taking a closer look at him, you noted that his cheeks were dusted with a blush, and he smelled of alcohol. "YN, my darling, are you alright?"

"Y-yeah, just a little shaken." You rubbed your wrist. His grip had left a mark. "Where have you been all night? I've been looking for you all night."

"Honey, I'm so sorry. I was pulled away by my friends, next thing I know I'm two and a half drinks in, singing Whitney Houston on the karaoke machine."

"That was you?? Well shit, if I knew I would've gone outside to film it."

"If you're lucky, maybe we can have a duet?" he asked, taking your hand and placing his lips to it gently.

"Maybe, but wait a couple minutes first."

"Yeah, good idea. My head's kind of spinning at the moment, and I don't know what'd happen if I went on stage. If I fall, I expect you to catch me."

"Dork." You leaned in, giving him a kiss. He giggled into it giddily, pulling you in closer. "Thanks for your help."

"Anything for my angel. Do you want to go home, or do you want to stay a little longer?"

"I'm designated driver, I don't think I have much of a choice in the matter," you laughed. "So, we'll stay. But, I'm keeping an eye on you. Two and a half is more than enough for you."

"Three and a half, actually."

"But you said two?"

"Did I? Sorry, m'head's a little scrambled up at the moment."

"All the more reason for me to watch over you."

"Thank youuuuu."

ALRIGHT I'M SORRY FOR BEING DEAD LIFE'S BEEN BUSY
But hey, I've finally finished with the 10 Years 2022 version (you should like check it out or something,,,), so I finally have more time to work on this book. I assure you, more's coming!
I'm also working on a couple more shorter stories, like a stand-alone oneshot about Kel and Hero's argument, a short 2-ish part suntan thing, and some lengthier stories for other fandoms (like Good Omens and Sanders Sides, if any of you are interested in those). So, keep an eye out! Content is finally on its way now that I've escaped my unannounced hiatus!
Today's thank you is for... 255k?! Why are you guys still here, I thought my infrequent posting schedule would have deterred you by now /j
(but in all seriousness sorry for not uploading thank you for reading my content)
That's all for now! Catch ya on the flip side, trash gremlins!
- Trashbag