something gets in the way of your relationship

OMORI
"You knew... didn't you?" he hissed, not looking back at you as you laid on the floor, a large bruise on your leg beginning to show.

"W-what are you-"

"YOU KNEW!! SOMEONE TOLD YOU!!" Omori collapsed to the floor, gripping his head in his hands. "Someone... Mari..."

"Omori, please calm down!" you began, getting up and placing a hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't your-"

"Well? Are you happy now? You're dating a killer. You asked for this, you wanted this! I don't deserve you, I'm such a... horrible person!!" He whipped around, grabbing your hands tightly, then letting go sadly. "I-I think... I think we should be seeing other people, YN. It'll be safer, for both you and I."

He got up and walked into the corner before you could say anything, then he glanced back and yelled again. "JUST GO!"

You turned around sadly, gritting your teeth as you could hear a squelch... and a thud. He was lifeless in the corner of the room. He'd come back later, you knew that. But you couldn't help but cry at the fact he had just announced the end of your relationship.

(DREAM) KEL
"What's your point?"

Kel groaned a little as he continued pacing around the room, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration. "My point is that you could've been killed!"

"I'm no baby, you know!" you retorted, holding the ice pack to your swollen cheek. "I was handling myself perfectly fine out there, you know!"

"You were out of juice and almost toast! You were practically unconscious! How is that perfectly fine!? I could have lost you for good if I wasn't there! Geez, you're so irrational sometimes!!"

"Then maybe you should just get rid of some dead weight!"

He stopped to stare at you, sadness in his eyes for a split second, before his rage returned. He chuckled a bit as he ran a hand through his hair. "Fine. Maybe I will."

And with that, he stormed out of the room.

(DREAM) AUBREY
"Geez... this is so stupid! Why did I ever think that this would work, I'm such a fool!"

"YN-"

"I tried, I really tried to make you happy, really, but if people are gonna be like that, what is the goddamned point?!"

"Listen to me already!!" Aubrey yelled back at you. "I don't care about what they say, because I love you-"

"Shut up already! I know you deserve so much better than this, so much better than me! They were right about that, I always knew!" you cried. Tears rolled down your face as you made your way to the door.

"YN, please!"

"...I'm sorry."

(DREAM) HERO
"It isn't what it looks like, Hero, really!" you sniffled as Hero glared at you.

"Oh? So you weren't just kissing your coworker then? I must need glasses or something!"

"It wasn't my fault! He didn't let me say-"

"Enough already," he spat, dropping the small daisy onto the floor and crushing it under his heel. "I... I can't do this anymore. I can't! Not with you."

Your gut wrenched as he went to walk towards a different checkout. "I-it wasn't my choice, it was Ryan's fault-"

"Goodbye, YN."

(DREAM) BASIL
"You... You monster," you mumbled, shuffling away from Basil.

"...You told me you wouldn't get mad."