movie night

OMORI
He'll watch whatever you want to watch. His personal favourite thing to watch overall is old, poorly made horror films, so you can point out all of the mistakes and bad parts and laugh together. They end up being more like comedies instead of horror movies. He likes to get warm blankets ready for you both so you can cuddle together, and he always makes hot chocolates halfway through the night. (Troll 2, Birdemic, The Wicker Man (2006 remake), etc)

(DREAM) KEL
Kel won't admit it, but he likes romcoms more than any 30-40 year-old wine mum you'll ever meet. They make him tear up sometimes, and he always requires aggressive affection after. He sometimes makes jokes like "oh hey yn howsabout we uhhhh recreate that one scene that's going on rn", but they're mostly just an excuse to canoodle together. He likes to make homemade pizza (with hero's help) for snacks. (Tall Girl, The Proposal, Addicted To Love, etc)

(DREAM) AUBREY
Together, you prefer series' to movies. She bakes something like muffins, grabs a packet of marshmallows, pulls out a mattress or two, and you lay there together and binge full seasons of shows. She's a fan of cartoons, although she's a little embarrassed about it. Oh, and there's always a pause in the middle of your binging session for a very, very intense pillow war together. (Gravity Falls, She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power, Sailor Moon, etc)

(DREAM) HERO
Hero's a sucker for old movie musicals. He likes to sing along to the songs, especially the more romantic ones with you. Every time there's one that's danceable, he'll take your hand, lead you to the middle of the floor, and you'll dance together as he sings along softly. He always cooks up a storm, sometimes going far enough to make full meals for you to eat together. (Guys And Dolls, Singin' In The Rain, Grease, etc)

(DREAM) BASIL
Like Omori, Basil doesn't mind what you watch and often insists that you pick, but he really enjoys anime films. He finds them peaceful, and he does get emotional and begins to cry sometimes. At first, he insists that he isn't, but after a bit of pushing from you, he crawls over to you and you cuddle together. In preparation, he bakes danishes and tarts, and boils a kettle for tea. He also always keeps the fireplace on so it's warm! (My Neighbour Totoro, Your Name, Arietty, etc)

MARI
Mari's easygoing, and she enjoys movies of all kinds. Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows her taste in media. You just throw on your favourite film or show, she genuinely enjoys it! It can be as lighthearted as Peppa Pig or as dark as The Shining, but she'll enjoy it no matter what, as long as she's with you. She likes to find something like a projector or a laptop/tablet, so you can snuggle up with some blankets outside for a sunset to late-night picnic date! (insert your favourite shows/films)

SUNNY
Sunny likes scary movies. He enjoys them for their plots, scoring, cinematography and more, but what he likes most is when you crawl over to him for a protective hug, because it makes him feel ✨brave✨. He gets a couple of bags of food and brings them over so you both don't need to move far, and you can stay under some heavy blankets together. He also sometimes chuckles at you when you get frightened. (Jigsaw, It, Poltergeist, etc)

KEL
Kel has a hyperfixation on old cartoons, so he gets really excited about sharing something he cares about so much with someone he cares about so much. He sometimes interrupts and tells you a random fact or two, then he apologises and lets you both watch. If he gets really enthusiastic, he tightens his grip on you or your hand. He goes to the shops and buys you both chips and candy the day before, and he orders you both pizza to share later. (Fleicher Studios, Disney, WB, etc)

AUBREY
Aubrey's a simple gal: there's nothing she loves more than rewatching early 2000s animated films and pointing out the dumbest things that you both didn't consider when watching them for the first time as little kids. She has a preference for the ones that were turned into memes, cos she's cultured. Before you both get cozy, you duck out to the convenience store for slushies and snacks. Then, you come back and cuddle. (Shrek, Megamind, The Bee Movie, etc)

HERO
Hero's a disnerd, he told me himself. He really enjoys Disney/Pixar flicks, and he can sing at least one song from each one. He likes to hold you tightly like he's bridal carrying you, and he peppers kisses on your face if something important's happening and you're talking through it to make you quiet. He likes to cook nice meals every time, with things like steaming hot spaghetti and fudgy brownies for desert. He also hardcore sobbed when Bing Bong died. (Up, Toy Story, Tangled, etc)

BASIL
Basil doesn't watch that much television, so he lets you choose what you watch. Some films aren't his cup of tea, but he'll suck it up and give it a shot for you. There's a few he actually does enjoy, though, but they're the more mellow or sad ones. Polly often leaves a lasagne for you two to heat up, but Basil does bake biscuits and pours cups of his own homemade tea. He'll also find a way to put flowers in your hair as you watch. (insert your favourite shows/films)

CAPTAIN SPACEBOY
He likes Star Wars. That's it. He likes Star Wars. But, if you get sick of/don't like Star Wars, he'll watch whatever you'd like, because he doesn't want to upset or bore you. He always makes sure you get the best of the best, you are his intergalactic monarch after all. He doesn't act like it, but he's extremely cuddly. He always brings weighted blankets to the sofa for you both, and he makes the other space pirates bring you guys food. (the entire star wars franchise, your favourite films, etc)

SWEETHEART
Who needs movies when you guys have a theatre and an entire army of sprout moles at your disposal? Sweetheart pays the sprout moles to re-enact your favourite musicals down to the smallest detail. (sprout mole heathers was an experience) She also organises for you to both sit at the best seats, with professionally made food and warm, cozy blankets and cushions. She especially likes it when you snuggle together. (insert your favourite musicals)

I want all of these sm... it's a shame I can't socialise to save my soul.
Once again, apologies for being kinda dead, I'm just writing my own book series and a couple of other fics on the side, so it's been kinda difficult, but I promise I'm trying!
Also thanks for 66k reads, you guys never fail to impress!
That's all for now! Catch you on the flip side, trash gremlins!
- Trashbag