catch-up chapter: sweetheart

HOW YOU MEET
"Butleeeeer!!"

"Yes, my lady," you responded, hurrying forwards to Sweetheart's side and placing the cup of tea that she had ordered you to make earlier onto her desk. You were new to the position; you had been there for about a month.

"Will you be a dear and run me a bath? The one with the roses that you're so good at."

"Yes, my lady."

You slunk into her bathroom and began to run the water. It was a simple task: a warm bath with a pink bath bomb, bubbles and rose petals. You had no idea why she couldn't do it herself. It was easy.

But, behind the sound of flowing water, you could hear some quiet sobbing. You ran over in panic to the source of the sound, and to your surprise... Sweetheart was crying, her makeup streaked down her cheeks.

"I-is the tea not to your liking, my lady?"

"No... Butle- YN... Captain Spaceboy and I b-broke it off this morning..."

"Oh, my lady, I'm so sorry-"

"Don't call me 'my lady'. P-please, call me Sweetheart," she insisted, wiping her eyes on the fluffy sleeve of her bathrobe.

"Alright... Sweetheart. Is there something I can do to help?"

"...There is one thing." Sweetheart turned to you, clutching your hand in hers. "Will... Will you be my friend? Please? I haven't had a r-real friend in so very long... But I want to learn how to be t-the best friend in Headspace!"

"Oh?" you asked in shock. "I-I... Alright. I'll be your friend. But, the bath may overflow soon, Sweetheart, so we may begin this friendship later."

"Oh! Right."

WHO RECOGNISED THEIR FEELINGS FIRST - sweetheart
Sweetheart was sitting on the couch on stage, bored as ever. Many a suitor came to visit, and many a suitor she turned down. She never found any of them to be the right fit. They just didn't sit right with her, and she didn't know why. She was bored to death, so her mind wandered.

Geez... it's so boring here.

I wish YN was here.

YN, my best friend.

YN... Ah, YN.

Wait. Wait a minute.

"I... I have to go! The show's off, everybody! Where's YN, I need to talk to YN!" The crowd murmured in surprise at her sudden exit, but she knew it. She was in love with you, and she needed to say something.

CONFESSIONS
There was a rapid knocking at your door. You stopped what you were doing and raised an eyebrow. Sweetheart was busy, who could it be? But, it was Sweetheart, to your surprise.

"Oh, my lady, what's-"

"YN, I want your heart, not all those dumb suitors'!"

"H-huh? What do you mean-"

"YN, I'm in love with you!" she yelled, her face as pink as her clothes and hair.

"With... me?"

"Yes, you dummy!!"

"Oh, that's wonderful news, my lady!" you sighed happily, looking away in embarrassment. "Because... I have feelings for you too."

"What did we say about calling me 'my lady', YN?" she scolded, wrapping her arms around you and squeezing tightly.

"Right... sorry."

FIRST DATES
She made the sprout moles cook up a feast for you both for dinner. After that, you went to the garden to talk, and you ended up slow dancing the night away under the moon and stars.