catch-up chapter: captain spaceboy

HOW YOU MEET
You knew that it'd happen someday. You were a space pirate captain, just roaming space with your crew. But then, you were thrown out by the people you trusted into space, and probably left to die. That would have been better, but no, some random space captain just had to rock up and ruin everything by holding you captive on his ship. And, he was interrogating you as you tried to wiggle free.

"Which ship did you captain?! Answer me!!" he spat at you. You could practically feel the saliva hit your face.

"Why's it any of your business?! I've been kicked out already, they're old news to me!" He paused a little, cocking his head in confusion. "I've lost everything now. I'm homeless, I'm crewless, I'm tired, and I need a cup of coffee."

"Well... I may be able to get one of my pirates to make you a drink..." One of the crew members took that as a sign to fetch two drinks. "And, if I decide I like you, then I may be able to make you a home here."

"You change heart quickly, you know," you said as he untied you, flopping down onto the floor in exhaustion. He reluctantly joined you.

"...I may just be a merciful captain."

"I bet you flatter yourself."

And so, you talked. Together, you just sat and talked. You found out more about each other. You became friends. And, you were at the point where you were both sitting on the ground in fits of laughter. After you took a breath and collected yourself, you decided to ask him what had been on your mind for quite some time.

"So, does this mean I'm a part of the crew?"

He gripped your hand and gave it a firm shake. "Welcome aboard."

WHO RECOGNISED THEIR FEELINGS FIRST - captain spaceboy
Captain Spaceboy watched as you stared out over the vast galaxy, a content smile on your face. Two months ago, you were new to the crew. But, you managed to fit in perfectly. He was the captain, you were the first mate. Sometimes, he just zoned out and stared. But, he didn't just stare, he stared at you. He liked the way your eyes shined in the starlight. He liked the way your hair fell. He found it to be... beautiful.

"Hey.... HEY! CAPTAIN SPACEBRUH, SIR!!" you yelled, snapping him out of his trance and making him blush. "We're almost at the surface of Otherworld. What were you staring at there?"

"O-oh... Nothing, I was just zoned out."

"I guess you could say you were..."

"Please, please don't-"

"...spacing out?"

"That joke stopped being funny five moons ago," he groaned.

"Well, it stopped being funny to you, sir! That look on your face never gets old. I'll go help the others land."

After you ran away, he stopped and shook his head in an attempt to regain his senses. He wasn't... falling in love, was he? No, he couldn't fall in love, he almost forgot about Sweetheart. That's what happens when you fall in love, you ultimately break up. He just had to forget about your shiny eyes, and adorable smile... and kissable lips, and...

Damn it. He was in love again.

CONFESSIONS
"YN?"

"Oh? What's up, sir?"

You turned around to see a bashful looking Captain Spaceboy, holding a wilted-looking daisy in his hand. "I... Um... This is for you. Look, YN, I... This is hard, why is this so hard?"

"...Are you saying what I think you are?" you asked him, a rosy blush dusting your cheeks.

"Well, if you think that I'm saying that I have feelings for you, then that's correct."