CHAPTER FIFTEEN [SEASON FOUR]

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

After an amazing trip, it was finally our last night in NYC.

It was January 2, 2020, and we'd be flying back home to California the next morning.

The trip was super fun!

We'd gone all over the city, had seen all the famous landmarks, saw Hamilton, and even watched all the festivities going on in Time's Square on New Year's Eve.

I'd hung out with Dana and Jade the whole time, of course, but I'd also spent tons and tons of time with Alex.

We we're definitely getting close again, almost as close as we were before we'd broken up.

I loved spending time with him, and I really really wanted us to get back together, just because the more time we spent together, the more I felt a spark between us.

After another day of walking around the city, we went back to our hotel to pack all our stuff and get rest before our early flight the next morning.

"There's no way all my stuff is gonna fit in this small ass bag. Remind me why I decided to be a minimalist for this trip?" Dana complained.

"You might have to part with one of the five pieces of 'I Heart NY' merch that you bought", I said, matter-of-factly.

"Says the one who splurged on a gigantic ass Dear Evan Hansen poster", Dana retorted.

"Hey! It's limited edition, bitch!" I laughed.

"Well, then don't judge me and my five NYC hoodies", Dana said.

Jade burst out laughing, "You two are freaking hilarious!"

"I have to admit, I'm kinda sad about the fact that I didn't spot any celebrities on this trip", I said.

"It was a little unrealistic that you made a list of ten celebrities you had to meet..." Dana said.

"Dude, you literally thought you saw Pete Davidson like thirty times! C'mon!" Jade laughed.

"I really don't wanna go home and back to school. Should I just stay here and audition for Broadway?" I asked, flopping on the bed dramatically.

"Yep. 100%", Alex said, coming into our room.

"Hey, did you finish packing?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hey, do you wanna go somewhere with me? Just real quick. I promise we'll come back so you can finish packing", Alex said.

Dana and Jade smiled and nudged one another.

Something was going on. I just didn't know what.

"Ummm, okay. Sure", I said.

Alex grinned and then I followed him out of the hotel room.

"So, where are we going exactly?" I asked, as he opened up the door to the stairway.

"You'll find out", he said.

We went up one flight of stairs, and then we opened the door to the rooftop of the hotel.

"What are we doing up here? It's so freaking pretty though!" I exclaimed.

The sun was just going down, and the buildings all around us were beginning to light up, and it was just overall super super pretty.

Then, the realization came to me.

"Shit. You didn't bring me up here to take pictures of you for your Instagram, right?" I asked.

Alex laughed, "No, Sammie".

We stood there in silence for a few minutes, just looking out over the city, before Alex turned to me.

"Sammie, can we talk?" Alex asked.

"Ummm, yeah, of course", I said nervously.

"I just want to say sorry for everything that happened between us last year. I treated you like shit, and you didn't deserve to be treated like that. I screwed up, really bad when it came to things between us", Alex said.

"It's fine. I'm over it, I swear", I said.

"And even though all that happened, I realize that my biggest mistake in all of that was our break up in the first place. I should have never let you go. I still love you, Sammie, and I've never stopped", Alex said.

And that's when the tears began to well up in my eyes.

"I feel exactly the same way. I...I love you Alex. I've loved you since we were two little 12 year olds with braces", I said.

And then we kissed, with all the city lights shining down on us.

After a minute or so, we broke apart, and stood facing one another again

"Do you....wanna date again? Shit, that's an awkward question to ask. But still", I said, awkwardly.

Alex laughed, "Of course, Sammie. You don't even have to ask".

"I love you. So much", I smiled, as Alex put his arm around me.

And then we stood there together, just looking out over the city.

I was happier then I'd ever been, and nothing could take that away from me.

Author's Note: Hey guys! I cried like three times writing this chapter, oops. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did! It's a little shorter then usual, but I just wanted a short chapter to wrap up this whole storyline, and for my babies to get back together finally! I plan on updating in the next few weeks or so, just because I am crazy busy at the moment just cause I have both finals and PSATs coming up in the next two weeks and all my time is going towards studying and crying lmao. I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope you guys are all staying safe and healthy!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️