CHAPTER TWO [SEASON FOUR]

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

"This restaurant is so cute!" I exclaimed when we sat down.

"It's not going to be cute if we don't get the happy hour prices", Penelope said.

"There you go, Sammie. I know you missed my mom going nuts over not getting sale prices while you were away", Alex said sarcastically.

"I missed you guys so much, so like yeah that's kinda accurate too", I said.

We talked about my trip for awhile, and it was just nice to be hanging out with all of them again.

"I'm just happy that you're back", Alex said, holding my hand.

"Straight couples are so cute", Elena said sarcastically.

Oop, okay.

The rest of our meal went by kind of nicely, and it was just super fun to be back home after being away all summer.

Once we were done, Alex and I left for Jade's house. She was having people over tonight for a back-to-school kind of thing, and Alex and I were going of course.

When we got there, we immediately found Dana and Jade.

"This is a lot more people than I expected", I said, shouting over the loud music.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I should've told you. I didn't think you'd come if I told you it was gonna be a big thing", Jade said.

"I'd be offended, but yeah you're right about that", I said.

Nobody by Mitski was blasting and I could barely hear anything anyone was saying to me.

When Dana and Jade went out onto the makeshift dance floor, I hung back. After everything that had gone down at the beach that day, my anxiety had gotten worse, so being in a crowd of that many people probably wouldn't be a good thing for me.

Luckily, Alex hung back with me.

The song Changes by DeJ Loaf began playing.

"At least the music is good!" Alex shouted over the music so I could hear him.

"I know, right!", I shouted back.

Jade came off the dance floor and over to us, a super pretty girl trailing behind her.

"Hey guys! This is Nora! She's new to our school this year!" She said.

"Hi!" Nora said.

"Nice to meet you!" I said.

"I really like your shoes. They're super cool", she said to Alex, a flirty grin on her face.

Damn, okay. It's not like I was sitting right next to him or anything.

"Umm, thanks", he said.

"So, what's your name?" She asked, squishing herself next to him on the couch we were on.

"That's Alex. And I'm Sam, his girlfriend", I said loudly.

She looked at me blankly before turning back to Alex.

"I'm gonna go get food", I said, trying to get Alex out of that situation.

He turned to me and smiled.

"It's fine", he mouthed to me before turning back to Nora.

I was hoping Alex would follow me to the kitchen, but nope.

I couldn't believe him sometimes. I mean I know he liked the attention, but really?

I sat at the kitchen island and made myself busy with a bowl of M&M's.

"I hate these things", a boy said, sitting next to me.

"Same", I replied.

"I'm Zach", he said.

I turned towards him. Damn, he was kinda cute. He had brown hair and glasses, and nice eyes.

"I'm Sam", I said.

"You're Alex's girlfriend?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"Wow, he's a lucky guy",he said.

I laughed, "Thanks!"

"Seriously, he said you were pretty, but I didn't know you'd be THIS pretty", he replied.

Normally, I'd shut it down if a guy was flirting with me as openly as Zach was, but it be honest it felt kind of good.

If Alex wanted to talk to Nora, then there was no reason why I couldn't talk to Zach, right?

Authors Note: Hey guys! I'm sorry the update took long, and that this chapter was kinda uneventful. I just wanted to introduce the new characters to you guys and have you get a feel for their personalities. Also, please check out my new Jaeden Martell book '1980s Horror Film'. I'm lowkey proud of how it's turned out so far and would love to know what you think of it. I'm planning to have a new update for this book out early next week!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️