CHAPTER EIGHTEEN [SEASON THREE]

Sam's outfit

Sam's outfit

Schneider was spending the night on the Alvarez's couch.

After Alex and I had found him in the laundry room, we'd called Penelope right away, and luckily, she knew exactly what to do.

Since she was literally a nurse, she knew all about this kind of stuff, so Schneider would be spending the night so she could keep an eye on him.

So, I was home alone, in my bed and crying.

I couldn't help thinking that this was my fault. Did Schneider react like that because of all that recently happened with me? I wish I'd noticed a difference in his behavior sooner, so that I could have maybe prevented all this stuff from happening.

Not only did I feel guilty, but I also felt extremely hurt. There was nothing like seeing one of the people you loved most passed out in a laundry room, and it was a really scary experience for me.

And it wasn't even like I could do anything to help make it any better. I knew that he was in good hands with Penelope, but I felt a little useless just sitting there in my bed and listening to sad music.

There was a knock at my window. I turned to see Alex.

I got up and opened the window and then got back in my bed.

Alex sat next to me.

"Oh god. This music is so depressing, no wonder you're crying. What even is this?", he asked.

"It's Raleigh by Beulahbelle, and it's one of my favorite songs ever, so shut up. And for your information, I was crying before I put it on", I said.

I pulled the blankets up around me, "As you can tell, I'm not doing too well right now", I said.

"I'm sorry, Sammie. I feel horrible that you had to see that", he said.

"Yeah. I just feel kind of responsible for it, and I feel like maybe I should've noticed the signs and seen it coming. I mean, looking back now, there were signs, and I know what he's like when he's drinking, and I really should've known", I said.

"Don't blame yourself. You were like seven the last time he was drinking, how would you remember the signs? And it's not like you did anything to make him drink, or like forced him to. You shouldn't feel responsible at all", Alex said.

"I know, I know. But what if that day at the beach hadn't happened? Would this still all be going on? Or did the fact that I was al last raped cause him to drink?", I asked, tears streaming down my face.

Alex wipes away my tears, "Even if that is what caused him to drink again, which I seriously doubt, it's still not your fault. It's that asswipe Ethan's fault. Nothing you said or did could have caused Schneider to drink. I promise", Alex said.

I sighed, "Thank you. For coming over here, and for being there for me. I don't know what I would've done if I had to spend this whole night alone".

"I will always be here for you, mi amor. You don't need to thank me", he said.

"I love you", I said.

"I love you too", he replied.

"So, do you wanna stay over?", I asked.

"I kind of planned to, actually, if it's ok. I mean look at what I'm wearing", he said, gesturing to what he was wearing.

Yeah, I should've figured. He was in his glasses, and he was wearing an old gray t shirt with the school logo on it and a pair of Spiderman pajama bottoms.

"Ooh, I love the Spidey pants! I will definitely be stealing them from you at somepoint", I said.

"C'mon Sammie! You're already wearing a pair of my sweatpants right now. I will have no clothes left if you keep doing this!" He said, laughing.

"I'm okay with that", I said jokingly.

We stayed up late talking, and when I finally drifted off to sleep, it was in Alex's arms.

Authors Note: Hey guys! I know this is really short, but I thought it was super cute. I wanted to write something longer, but I've been so busy with wrapping up the school year, so I just decided to write some cute Alex and Sammie moments to hold you over lol. Also, listen to Raleigh by Beulahbelle (the song Sammie was listening to in this chapter) because I love it very much, and it just fits this book so well. I'm planning on updating super soon (I have a longer update in my drafts that I need to find the time to finish), so stay tuned.

Lots of love, Beth ❤️