CHAPTER FOUR [SEASON FOUR]

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

"...Sammie, what are you doing?" Alex asked, opening my door.

"The real question is, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Yesterday you said that if I wanted to dye my hair, you'd help. So I'm here for you to help", he replied.

"I thought that was hypothetical, but okay cool let's do it", I said.

"Now, that brings me back to my original question. What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Belting along to You'll Be Back, duh", I said.

"Well then why aren't you wearing a shirt?" He asked.

I looked down and realized I was just wearing my shorts and my teal bra.

I could practically feel my face turning red.

I quickly threw on the first shirt I could find in my drawer and turned to face Alex.

"You didn't see anything!" I said.

"I saw you dancing around your room in a green bra, Sammie. I'd say that that's something", he said.

I sighed, "Not my finest moment. I was getting dressed, and then You'll Be Back came on, and since I'm me I dropped everything to sing along. By the way, why didn't you knock before you came in?" I asked.

"Because Schneider said you were here and that I could just go into your room. I didn't knock because I didn't know you'd be singing along to Jonathan Groff in your bra", Alex replied.

"Fair. Did you bring the dye?" I asked.

He set a Walgreens bag down on my bed and pulled a bottle of bleach and a bottle of grayish-white hair dye out of it.

"Okay, cool. Did you buy color safe shampoo?" I asked.

He smiled sheepishly, "I was hoping you'd have some?"

"You're lucky that I went shopping yesterday", I said, walking into my bathroom and getting the shampoo out of my shower.

While I was gone, Alex had opened the boxes and began reading the directions.

"This looks complicated", Alex said.

"Well that's because it is, but it's fine. I've dyed people's hair before and I know how to do it", I said.

"Really? Who's hair?" He asked.

"I helped Jade dye the ends of her hair pink when we were in Florida. Granted, it didn't show up because she didn't want to use bleach, but I can guarantee it would've looked great if it worked", I said.

"Oh, great", Alex said sarcastically.

"You know, this is a big commitment. Especially since we're going to be using bleach. Are you absolutely positive that you want to do this?" I asked.

"I'm positive, I promise. Do YOU not want me to do it?" Alex asked.

I frowned, "No, I'm fine with it. I just don't like change".

"Tell me about it", Alex said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I exclaimed.

"It means that you cried for a week straight when you got glasses. And don't even get me started on how long you cried when you got your braces..." Alex said.

"Shut up! I'm just an overly emotional person. Lots of people don't like when things change. Change is scary", I said defensively.

"I'm just changing up my hair, I promise nothing will change between us", Alex said, practically reading my mind.

I leaned over and kissed him.

"Okay, let's get started!" I exclaimed once I had pulled away.

I got trash bags from the kitchen and I laid them on the floor surrounding the shower and the sink in the bathroom. Alex was sitting on a chair I had dragged in from the dining room, and I had draped a trash bag over him too.

"Okay, I'm going to do the bleach first", I said, putting the latex gloves on.

While I was dying his hair, I had my music playing at full blast in my bedroom.

"This is actually kind of relaxing", Alex said.

"Yeah? Well I somehow got bleach halfway up my arm, so relaxed is basically the opposite of how I feel right now", I said.

"Oh shit. That's not gonna be easy to wash off", Alex replied.

"Yeah, and since tomorrow's Halloween, it's gonna be showing big time in my costume", I said.

"Ooh, what are you dressing up as?" Alex asked.

"It's a surprise, I told you!" I said.

Alex pouted and turned slightly to give me puppy-dog eyes, "Can I get a hint? Please?".

"Fine, and don't turn because I might accidentally get bleach on your face. Anyways, the hint is that I'm going to be dressed as a character from one of my favorite 90s movies", I said.

"Wow, I'm surprised you're not dressing as a Schuyler sister from Hamilton", Alex said.

I laughed, "Nope!"

"I can't wait to see. We're still going to Nora's party tomorrow, right?" Alex asked.

I gritted my teeth, "Yeah, I guess so".

"We don't have to if you don't want to", Alex said.

I sighed, "No, you want to and I don't wanna be the reason why you don't go. I'm sure it'll be fun. Jade, Dana, and Leo are going too, I think", I said.

"Yeah, they're going. Zach's going too", Alex said.

I sighed once again. I'd only really talked to Zach once, and he'd openly flirted with me and it while he was cute, it was just lowkey uncomfortable.

Once the bleach was done sitting in his hair, we rinsed his hair out in my shower. Then, it was time to do the dye.

I opened the bottle, switched my gloves and got to work.

"Thank you for doing this, Sammie", Alex said.

"You're welcome. I'm actually having lots of fun", I said.

"I am too, but that's not surprising considering I have fun with you no matter what we're doing", Alex replied.

"I'd lean down and kiss you, but you smell like dye and it's kinda gross", I laughed.

Alex laughed, "Thats fair, but you owe me".

"Don't worry, I'll make up for it", I replied.

"You'd better", Alex replied.

I blushed and continued doing his hair.

Author's Note: Hi! Sorry for the longer than usual delay between updates! I've been SO unmotivated. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I just want to let you all know that I have TONS of ideas for future chapters and I can't wait to get writing! I plan to update this either later this week or early next week, so stay tuned! Also, check out my Hamilton apply fic 'Wait For It' if you haven't already!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️