CHAPTER FOURTEEN [SEASON THREE]

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

I sat in Chik-Fil-A with Jade and her best friend Leo, the three of us sharing a large pile of waffles fries.

"I can't believe that that bitch up and left us for the week", Jade said.

"I know! How dare your girlfriend go on a trip with her moms for their anniversary!", Leo said in mock horror.

"Yeah, I know. I just miss her a lot. I wish I could be with her", Jade said.

"No you don't. Palm Springs is the desert, it is really freaking hot there. You freak out when it gets above 80 degrees, I don't think you'd like it", I replied.

"She's got a point. Plus, isn't Palm Springs like an old person community?", Leo asked.

"Are you saying that because that's where the grandparents lived in the Good Luck Charlie movie?", I asked.

"...Maybe", he admitted.

"I'm sure that Dana misses you as much as you miss her", I said.

"Yeah, I hope so. Sammie, how are you dealing with not being able to see Alex?", she asked.

"Meh. I miss him, but we find ways to see one another. I just can't believe how stupid he was", I said.

"Wait? Alex is the one who got grounded for weed, right?", Leo asked.

"Yeah", I replied.

"Girl, he is cute! I saw him on your Instagram and I got, like, jealous. There are NO cute guys at our school who are out", Leo said.

"We go to a Catholic school, so that's kinda expected", Jade said.

"Yeah... but still", Leo replied.

I looked at my phone, "Shit, I gotta go. Schneider's dad is coming over and I gotta be there".

"Isn't he your grandfather?", Jade asked.

"I'm not claiming blood-relation to someone as racist and homophobic as he is", I said.

"I felt that", Leo said.

"Bye guys! Wish me luck", I said, leaving.

Although I left on time, it took me longer than expected to walk back to our building.

Once I was there, I saw that Schneider had texted me and told me that they were at the Alvarez's.

"Hi! Sorry I'm late!", I said, walking in.

"Samantha, say hi to your grandfather", Schneider said.

Samantha? Damn, I only usually got that when I'd really screwed up.

"Hi, how are you?", I asked.

"Very well, how about yourself?", he asked, shaking my hand.

"I'm doing good", I replied, walking over to stand next to Alex.