CHAPTER SIX// [SEASON TWO]

Sam's Outfit

I walked into the Alvarez apartment to hear my name as soon as I stepped foot in their living room

"Wait, What? Why am I being talked about?", I asked.

"I said that I predicted Alex and Sam", Lydia replied.

"You predicted what about us? That we'd become friends?", I asked.

"You will be married in the future", Lydia said,

"Yeah, to other people", I said.

"No, no to each other", Lydia replied.

"Let's just get back to what you were talking about before I came in", I said.

"Elena, don't be bashful. I think it is fantastic to be young and in love and to flirt. And by the way, I can teach you things because your flirting is de madre. At least Sam and Alex can flirt", Lydia said.

"Let's focus on Elena, ok?", I said, embarrassed.

"We aren't flirting. And we're not talking about this. Besides, mom says I'm too young to date", Alex said.

"But never too young to flirt. When I came out of my mother's womb, I winked at the doctor", Lydia said.

Elena glared at her, as Alex and I laughed and sat down in the couch.

"I guess you always had a thing for doctors, huh?", Dr. B said.

"Eh, I got over it. I will teach you how to flirt. If they say something clever, laugh loudly, throw your head back, and reveal your perfect neck", Lydia said, demonstrating.

"I'm a fan of a specific compliment", Alex said.

He turned to me and put his arm around me as I tried not to squeal.

"I really like your glasses, Sam. They bring out your eyes", Alex said.

I blushed and laughed nervously.

"While Alex's flirting thing works, I like to bring attention to the thing they like most about themself", I said.

I turned to Alex.

"I like your hair today. It's cute", I said, attempting to flirt.

Alex laughed nervously, and Elena said, "Will you guys please stop flirting? It's creeping me out".

Penelope came in, and we filled her in on what was happening.

Later on, I was sitting at the kitchen table with Alex and Elena, and I was doing my English homework.

"So, are you gonna ask Dani out?", Alex asked, breaking me from my concentration.

"What? No, it's complicated, okay?", Elena said.

"I get it, you don't have a crush on Dani and you don't want to talk about it", Alex said.

"Okay, I do have a crush! I do, I do, I do!", Elena exclaimed.

"Wow, really?", I asked, sarcastically.

"I've never been in this situation before! The pool of local lesbians my age is not big. They could all fit in one pool", Elena said.

"That'd be a pretty sweet pool", Alex said.

I hit his arm, and said, "Stop it, perv".

I got up to use the bathroom, and when I came back they'd moved to the couch and were now talking to Lydia. I sat on the couch next to Alex and just listened.

Later on, Alex and I were sitting on the couch finishing our English homework.

"Alex, you're not doing it right!", I said, laughing.

"What do you mean? What am I doing wrong?", he asked.

I grabbed his paper from him and looked at it.

"Well, first of all, you're not doing your work. Secondly, you didn't highlight where you found your evidence for your reading comprehension questions", I said.

"Can I just copy yours?", he asked.

"No, but I can help you", I said.

I grabbed my pencil and began marking the paragraphs where he needed to highlight.

I looked up when I felt someone staring at me, and I connected eyes with Alex.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing, just, your glasses are falling down", he said, reaching over and pushing my glasses back up.

"Thanks", I said smiling at him.

We kept staring at each other, and he gave me one of those smiles that lit up his whole face, which caused me to smile back.

I looked up and noticed Penelope and Lydia staring at us.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing", Penelope said, as they both smiled.

"I better go, I have an early dance practice tomorrow", I said, getting up.

"Okay, bye Sammie", Alex said.

I closed the door behind me, and leaned against it.

I was falling harder for Alex than I'd ever thought was possible.

Authors Note: From now on, I may add Sam's outfit when she's not in her school uniform because I got a really cool app called ShopLook and I am OBSESSED!!!