CHAPTER FOUR// [SEASON ONE]

The day of Elena's Quinces, Schneider and I drove Penelope to the Quinces, so she could get a break from all the prep. . I was super nervous for today, because. I'd have to dance with Alex as part of the court, and 2. I hadn't spoken to Alex since our fight a few days ago.

I was dressed in a short dress that was such a dark green, it was almost black with nude heels and a gold choker.

When we got there, I was so excited! The decorations looked amazing and all of the guests looked so good.

Once everyone was all settled, and the quinces court was ready, Penelope got on the microphone and gave a speech that made me tear up so much. After that she announced Elena, and we all walked out to the dance floor.

We danced to about three different songs, including the one from the last Twilight movie (to be honest, the song was the only good part of that movie). Although Alex and I were touching and dancing together, it was super uncomfortable.

I mean, a slow dance is usually something you do with people that you love or at least like enough to be in close proximity with them for the duration of a song. But we were fighting, and for stupid reasons.

After the dances, we went back to the table and sat down.

Later on, during the Father Daughter Dance, Elena was left alone on the dance floor. Victor had left. I didn't know it now, but later on, I'd know it was because he didn't accept her sexuality.

One by one, Penelope and Lydia and Alex and even Schneider and I joined her on the dance floor. Yes, her father had left. But we'd always be here for her.

As the party began to wind down, and people began to leave, Alex walked over to me.

"Sam, can we dance together?"

"Sure", I said reluctantly.

We walked out to the dance floor and Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift + Ed Sheeran began to play.

"I'm sorry about the other night. I was insensitive", he said.

"No it's fine. I was a little over dramatic."

"You know, I didn't mean what I said."

"About what?", I asked.

"When I said that I'd been distant because I didn't want people to think we are dating. I'd been distant because of something that Finn and all those guys said."

"Finn's a dick."

"Yeah. Anyway, I'm sorry."

"I am too."

"I love you, Sam".

"I love you too, Alex."

Author's Note: I am so happy that you guys have enjoyed this book so far! All of the scenes from season one are done, and I had to use "Everything Has Changed" as the song they danced to, because it fits so well with their relationship. I'm pumped to write for season two and three, because that's when Alex gets even cuter!!! I've been plotting this book pretty steadily, so expect new chapter (s) to be up soon!

Lots of love, Beth