CHAPTER TEN [SEASON FOUR]

Sam's outfit

Sam's outfit

It had been almost a week since Chloe and I had reported Ethan to student services at school, and still nothing had been done.

It was super unfair. We told everyone what he'd done, and he still walked around the hallways at school like he was king.

Chloe and I had been almost ignored by everyone all week, but Ethan got to walk around and be treated like nothing happened.

Somehow, it had gotten out that Chloe and I reported Ethan, and everyone had begun acting super weird around us as soon as that happened.

It didn't help our cases that Nora suddenly decided to back Ethan and call Chloe and I liars every chance that she got.

Although Chloe still kinda annoyed the shit out of me sometimes, we had become close through this, and I could honestly see us becoming friends.

After school that Friday, after a long week of endless bullshit at school, we were all going over to the Alvarez's for dinner.

Believe it or not, this would be my first time going there after Alex and I broke up, meaning that things would definitely be awkward to say the least.

"Hey everyone!" I said when I walked in.

"Sam!" Elena exclaimed, hugging me as soon as I was in the door.

"Wow, hi!" I said.

"We have to go catch up!" She said, leading me to her room, where Syd already was.

She shut her door and we sat on her bed, jointing Syd.

"So, what's going on with you and Alex?" Elena asked.

"He was a dick, so I broke up with him", I said.

"What did he do this time?" She asked.

"He told this bitch Nora, who he barely knows, a bunch of personal stuff about our relationship. Then, when Nora posted something about me on Instagram, he defended her", I said.

"That dumbass!" Syd exclaimed.

"Shit, sorry. I know he's your brother, but that's horrible", Syd said a moment later.

"No, he was an asshole! I can't believe him! He should be defending you, at all times!" Elena exclaimed.
"And the thing is, I still kind of love him? I know that's stupid with all this stuff he's putting me through right now, but I miss him and I still really wanna be with him", I said.

"No, that's not stupid at all", Elena said.

"Yeah, I get it. Plus, you two are super cute together", Syd said.

I laughed, "Yeah, I know. Things are just awkward right now, and I just wish that all this shit wasn't happening", I said.

Our conversation was interrupted when it was time for dinner.

We all walked into the table, and sat down at our places.

Alex came out of his room wearing his glasses, and a few seconds later, Nora joined us at the table.

I knew it was stupid, but to be honest this was the thing that pissed me off the most. I'd dated Alex for two years before I saw him in his glasses, and him and Nora have known each other for only like a month and she was seeing him in his glasses.

It's stupid, but out of everything, that was the thing that upset me the most.

Dinner was good of course, but I couldn't help being in an awful mood the whole time.

Nora was really turning up the charm, and was totally sucking up to Penelope and Lydia. She was acting like this perfect little angel, and just the way that Alex was looking at her was pissing me off.

You know the Jake Peralta heart-eyes look from Brooklyn 99? Well, when Alex liked someone he did his own version of that. It was totally adorable, but usually I was on the receiving end of it. However, tonight, he was making that look at Nora. Almost like he'd forgotten all the shit she'd done to me.

Let's just say that was dinner was hard to get through.

When we were done eating, Syd and Elena went to the couch to watch TV, and Alex and Nora went into his room to 'study'.

I stayed in the kitchen and began doing dishes with Lydia and Penelope.

"So, do you know Nora well?" Penelope asked as we were doing dishes.

"Umm, kind of. She's not my favorite person", I said.

"I do not like her. There's just something about her that's...off", Lydia said.

"Yeah, she's kind of a bitch if we're being honest", I said.

Penelope nodded, "She did seem kind of fake. I'm gonna go check on her and Alex", she said, leaving the kitchen.

"So, this Nora. Is she the reason that you and Alex broke up?" Lydia asked.

"Yeah, kind of. She was always getting really jealous, and saying stuff to me so that she could get with Alex", I said.

"You will get back together. This won't last for long", Lydia said.

I laughed, even though there were tears in my eyes.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I just do. There's no way they'll stay together. And, I don't think Alex can do much better than you", Lydia smiled.

I hoped she was right.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! First off,I'd like to say thanks for getting this book to 100K! I love you all so much, and I'm so happy that this book has gotten 100,000 reads! It's unbelievable! I know this chapter kind of sucked, but I just wanted to set up some stuff for future chapters as well as get an update out before I start school. I begin school tomorrow, and can't promise updates will be super frequent after then. I hope to update maybe later this week or sometime next week, though!

Lots of love, Beth