CHAPTER FOUR// [SEASON TWO]

"I did not sleep at all last night, and I am living on Starbucks espresso right now!", I shouted, walking into the Alvarez apartment.

"Yeah, I know. I could hear you singing along to the soundtrack of "Waitress" from my room", Alex said.

I shoved him playfully and took a seat at the kitchen table, "So what's up?", I asked Penelope.

"Perfect timing, Sam. Maybe you can show Alex how to actually take the trash out of the apartment", Penelope said.

"Maybe Sammie should show me for next time", Alex said.

"And maybe I can give your PlayStation to Goodwill", Penelope suggested.

"Ooh! Nice!", I exclaimed, high-fiving Penelope.

"Sam, you are way too peppy. Give me the coffee", Alex said, reaching for it.

"Elena! C'mon! You guys are moving slower than phosphorus through biomass. Yes!", she cheered.

"Mami! Did you make an appointment to get my braces off? You said you'd do it two weeks ago", Alex said.

"Hey! That's a sore spot for me right now. Plus, I don't think you're ready to get them off yet", I said.

He rolled his eyes and smiled at me and then turned his attention back to Penelope.

"Just eat a lot of taffy. They'll come off on their own", Penelope said.

"Mom, please", he said.

"Fine, I'll add it to my to-do list", she said, getting out a marker and writing it on her arm.

Schneider than came into the apartment wearing dangerously short, super tight shorts, and a sleeveless half-unzipped top.

"Hey guys!", he said.

"What the actual fuck?", I asked, seeing his outfit.

"Sam, language", Penelope said, she then turned towards the door, "Schneider would you please knock... my eyes out. What the hell are you wearing?", she continued.

"Oh this? It's my new work uniform", Schneider said.

"You're hired", Lydia said flirtatiously.

"Oh, Lydia. I was actually inspired by you teaching dance to become an educator myself. I'm going to teach spinning", he said.

"Isn't spinning riding a stationary bike? Why are you wearing a helmet for that?", I asked.

"It's for my own protection. I may have fallen off a few times. Anyway, can you hang these fliers up on campus?", he asked Penelope.

"Oh? Are you too busy?", she asked, sarcastically.

"Slammed. I barely have time to meditate before Sammie and I take our sunset hike", he said.

They all looked at me.

"C'mon. I'm a teenage girl and it's a freaking sunset. Can't you just see the Instagram opportunities?", I said.

"Murder Schneider", Penelope wrote on her to-do list.

I zoned out on my phone for a little bit, before I heard my name.

"Yeah?", I asked, looking up.

"Sam, I was wondering if you'd want to help with my dance class?" Lydia asked me.

"Wait, why her?", Penelope asked.

"She's been doing dance since she was three. It's basically all she talks about", Alex replied.

"Aww, look who listens. Anyway, I'd love to help", I said.

We then walked out the door and to school.

As soon as I dressed in my dance gear after school, I walked downstairs to help Lydia with the class.

We helped the kids dance for awhile, and then Penelope
came in.

"Oh, that is so good. They're hopeless", Lydia said, turning to Penelope.

"I really need to study. What happened to doing this at church", Penelope asked.

"I would never put God through this", Lydia said.

I continued working with the kids while Penelope and Lydia talked in the kitchen.

When the kids left, I walked to Alex's room and sat next to him on his bed. I was still in my dance gear, and I was exhausted.

"I like the outfit, Sam", Alex said.

"Where's the rest of that sentence at, Alex? No, 'Nice outfit, by the way when did you get boobs' ?", I asked.

"Jeez. I was just complimenting you", he said.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you. I'm just exhausted and Schneider dropped a total truth bomb on me", I said.

"What happened?", Alex asked.

"So you know how my mom overdosed when I was a baby?", I asked.

He nodded.

"Well she didn't", I continued.

I told the rest of the story as I struggled to stay awake.

Alex's POV

As Sam told me about her biological parents, she began to fall asleep.

I gently lifted her and put her head on my pillow. She was still dressed in a tight leotard that showed off a lot of her bra and a pair of dance leggings. I covered her with a blanket that was on the foot of my bed, and tried to make her as comfortable as possible.

From what I could tell, she'd had a stressful night, and the least I could do was let her sleep.

Authors Note: and there's S2E2! I included a lot of really cute Sam and Alex moments because I love them so much! The next chapter may be delayed because I have summer AP homework that I've been putting off that I HAVE to do. I promise there's a new chapter coming soon, though!
💞 Beth