CHAPTER FIVE// [SEASON THREE]

The next morning, I woke up to find Alex sitting at the foot of my bed on his phone.

"Morning, Sam", he said in a sleepy voice.

"Hey. Were you up for awhile before I got up?", I asked

"About ten minutes. Chloe texted me and said that her and Ethan got an Uber to her aunt's place", he said.

"Really? Wow. I'm glad they're gone, though", I said.

"Yeah, same. It's supposed to be all cold and gross today, so I don't think we're going to go to the beach today", Alex said.

"Why don't we just spend the day at the boardwalk and go on rides and stuff?", I asked.

"Sounds good, but it would probably just be us. Jade and Dana are going to try to go to the beach today, Abulita and Schneider are going to some restaurant that was on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives", and then my mom, Elena, and Syd are going to some art museum", he said.

I looked at my phone and then said, "Holy shit! It's already 11:30! Let's get ready and go", I said.

"Okay, cool", Alex said, getting up and leaving.

Once he left, I went into my bathroom, and got changed and ready. After I was all dressed and clean, I took my hair down and brushed it, I also put in my contacts and put on some foundation and mascara.

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

After both Alex and I were ready, and after Lydia forced breakfast on us, we were at the boardwalk.

"It's so cute here", I said.

"You saw it for the past three nights, what's different about it now?", Alex asked.

"I don't know. It's just cute because it's all rainy and dark, so the lights are on, but like you can actually see stuff now", I said.

"Yeah, I guess. Let's go get ride tickets", he said.

After that, we went to the box office at the pier and got lots of ride tickets.

"What do you wanna go on first?", I asked Alex.

"I don't know. How about that one?", he said, pointing to this ride called "The Claw" that spun and like lifted you off of the ground.

"Fine, but I'm gonna like freak out the whole time", I said.

We then walked into the line for the ride, and unfortunately we got right on.

We sat in two seats next to each other on the left side of the ride, and then put these big restraint-like seatbelts on us. The attendant of the ride then came around and made the seatbelts very tight.

"I don't know if I wanna do this", I admitted to Alex.

"You'll be fine, Sammie. I'll hold your hand the whole time", he said, reaching over and grabbing my hand.

Then the ride started and it seemed to last forever, but Alex held my hand the whole time.

Once it was over, I stumbled off, very disoriented.

"I get to pick the next ride. We're going on the Ferris Wheel", I said.

"Sounds good", Alex said.

We then walked to the ride.

Again, we got right on. This ride, though, was much more relaxing.

Once we got to the top, the ride stopped.

"Hey, Alex. You were right about Ethan", I said.

"I'm sorry that I was right, I didn't want what I said to make you two break up or anything", he replied.

"No, I knew we were going to break up soon, anyway. Things had changed between him and I", I said.

"I also didn't like that he rejected you for eighth grade formal, but didn't show any interest in you until you got contacts and got your braces off in ninth grade ", he said.

"Yeah, I know. He didn't like me until I practically did his homework in bio", I said, laughing.

I looked over at Alex and saw him laughing.

"I'm not joking! Ethan would like put his arm around me in the hallway and almost freaking try to seduce me to do his notes. It was disgusting", I said, shuddering.

"I'm sorry that happened, Sammie. Ethan sucks. Can I tell you something though?", he said.

I nodded.

"I've liked you for awhile now, even before you started dating Ethan and I started dating Chloe", he said.

"Can I tell you something?", I asked.

He nodded.

"I've liked you since we danced together at Elena's quinces, maybe even before that", I said.

"I've had liked you since seventh grade, and I haven't stopped. Will you be my girlfriend?", Alex said.

I nodded, tears in my eyes.

He then kissed me. And I kissed him back. And this time, the kiss meant something, I could tell. This was the start of us.

Author's Note: Hi! Alex and Sam are official and I couldn't be happier! I'll try to get the next chapter up in the next couple of days, but school starts in two days, and soon I'll be swamped. I hope you guys enjoyed this!

💛Beth