CHAPTER ONE [SEASON FOUR]

This is gonna be set in 2019 since 2020 sucks lmao.

Sam's Outfit

I hadn't seen Alex in two months and I was dying.

You see, Dana had invited both Jade and I to come with her when she stayed with her grandparents in Daytona Beach for the summer, and I of course said yes!

We were there from the beginning of July until now, which is the beginning of September.

I'd had tons of fun with Dana and Jade, although I felt like a third wheel a little bit since I was tagging along on almost all of their dates.

This was also my first time meeting Dana's grandparents, and I couldn't believe how nice they were. They were also super accepting of Dana's relationship with Jade, which was awesome.

I'd landed in LA really late last night, so I didn't get a chance to see Alex as soon as I got home, which was what I had really wanted to do.

After I got up super late today and spent the day unpacking, I finally had time to go see Alex.

I ran downstairs and knocked on the door.

Elena opened the door and immediately hugged me.

"I missed you so much!" She exclaimed.

"I missed you too!" I said.

Alex got up from where he was sitting and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you, Sammie", he said.

"I missed you too", I replied

Once we were done hugging, we stepped back and looked at one another.

"Damn. You got tall", I said to him.

And it was true. When I left back in July, he was like three inches taller than me and now he was like a whole ass foot taller than me, which only made him look more like a stick, in my opinion.

He for real had to look down at me to see me, "And you dyed your hair", he said.

"Yeah, when I was away I got highlights. I'm still not sure if I like them or not", I said.

"I like them. You look beautiful, Sammie, as always", he said.

I blushed, "I sure as hell missed hearing that".

"Stop flirting and sit down. We still have to find a movie to watch!" Elena said.

I sat on the couch next to Elena and Syd, and Alex sat back down on the armchair.

Alex scrolled through Netflix for awhile, finding nothing.

"It's like there's nothing good on Netflix anymore", he said.

"I know, right", I agreed.

We ended up all agreeing to watch IT: Chapter One, which was absolutely fine with me since I had a thing for Jaeden Martell.

Once the movie was over, Alex and I went to his room so we could catch up some more.

"So, how was your trip?" He asked me once we were both sitting on his bed.

"It was fun. I've never been to Florida before, and I really liked getting to see a new place. We went to Disney World for a weekend and it was awesome. So much better than Disneyland, in my opinion. I loved it!" I said.

"I missed you so much. We FaceTimed and texted all the time, but it just wasn't the same. I mean, how did you go so long without seeing this?" He asked, gesturing to himself.

I laughed, "It was definitely difficult. I wish you were there too, since I kinda felt like a third wheel around Dana and Jade. They said they were fine with me tagging along with them, but I just felt bad", I said.

"How were Dana's grandparents about it? I know you said you were worried since they didn't know about Jade being Dana's girlfriend", he said.

"Oh I was! But they were so accepting! It was adorable. They were also like...really trusting. Like they went out to go to Target to get groceries, and I went with them and they just let Dana and Jade stay home all alone!" I said.

"Oh wow. My mom would never let that happen", Alex said.

"I know! I had tons of fun with both of them. We had a great time. Although, I do feel like they're kind of outgrowing me. I mean, I'm the last virgin standing among them", I said.

"Wait? They did it in Daytona when you and Dana's grandparents were at Target? Damn", he said.

"Yeah. They did, and I know it's stupid but I just feel like I'm too young for them now or something", I said.

"Don't feel like that. Nothing is going to change in your friendship just because they had sex. That's not how it works", he said.

"I know, I know. I just feel like kind of a baby since I'm not even close to being ready for that. I mean, maybe in a couple months or something, but right now I'm not even considering having sex anytime soon", I said.

"Sammie, that doesn't make you a baby. If you're not ready, you're not ready and I completely understand. I don't think I'm exactly ready either," he said.

"I'm sorry for dumping all my problems on you. That wasn't cool. How was your summer?" I said.

"It's fine, Sammie. You don't need to apologize. My summer was kind of boring, to be honest. Since this was my mom's first summer as a nurse practitioner, she couldn't really get much time off, so we didn't go on vacation or anything. I'm trying to think of something fun I did... umm, I watched Star Trek with Elena and Syd. I don't understand the hype, but it was an okay show. Oh, I forgot to tell you this! There's a new kid who lives down the hall and I hung out with him a lot. His name is Zach and he's starting his sophomore year at St. Bib's with us", he said.

"Oh cool, I'll have to meet him. Summer was fun, but I'm just happy to be back here with you", I said.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head, "I couldn't agree more".

Author's Note: Hey guys! Season four is gonna be so fun to write for (lots of drama!!) and I can't wait for you guys to read more! I had fun writing this chapter and hope you enjoyed. I'm hoping to get at least one other chapter out this week, so stay tuned!! I'm also working on a Jaeden Martell fic right now, so stay tuned for that!

Lots of love, Beth 💗💗💗