CHAPTER TWO// [SEASON TWO]

"Sam? You okay?", Alex asked, as he opened my bedroom door,

"Hmmm?", I asked from my position on the floor.

"You sent me a text saying "I feel like shit, come over when you can" And you weren't at school today, so I was worried", he said.

"Oh, I wasn't at school because I had an eye doctors appointment and an orthodontist appointment and Bat Mitzvah stuff to do". I said.

"Ohh makes sense. Why are you sad though?", he asked.

"Who said I was sad?", I asked.

"I know you are. First of all, you're easy to read. Also, you're sprawled out on the floor blasting that one St Vincent album that you only listen to when you're sad", he said.

"Well, I'm feeling super insecure. I had to get these delightful reading glasses that make me look more like Schneider than I'd ever hoped to. Also, I'm not getting my braces off for awhile, apparently", I said.

"Put the glasses on", he said.

"Why?", I asked.

"So I can see how much you look like Schneider, duh", he said, smiling.

I slipped on the oversized black frames.

"Nah, you look more like Harry Potter than you do Schneider", he said.

I gave him the finger and then said, "I'm just pissed because i thought I'd get my braces off in time for my bat mitzvah. I just wanted to look cute for it, ya know?", I said.

"You're still cute with braces", Alex said quietly.

"What was that, Alex? I'm cute?", I asked, finally starting to smile.

"Shut up. I mean, I'm cute with braces, so wouldn't you be?", he asked, giving me a braces filled smile.

"Aww. You're blushing", I teased.

"Whatever. Can I try on your glasses?", he asked.

I nodded, and then he took them off my face and put them on his own.

"What do you think?", he said, posing dramatically.

"Adorable. That's definitely you're new look, Alex", I said, throwing a pillow at him.

And to be honest, he did look adorable. Everyday he seemed to get cuter. For one, he was now taller than me, and he'd been wearing his hair different for a little bit now, and it looked a lot better than before. Also, the glasses framed his eyes, and made them look even softer and browner than usual. I also loved his smile which was so familiar and always made me feel completely at ease and even though he had braces, they just added to his charm. Everything about him was so familiar, but still so cute.

And at that moment, I knew. I was in love with my best friend.