CHAPTER TWO// [SEASON THREE]

I woke up super early our first morning at the beach house. I knew we'd be going to both the beach and the boardwalk today, so I actually began to unpack my suitcase. The night before, I'd bend so tired that I'd just unzipped my bag enough to get some pajamas and then I just pushed it aside.

We'd be here for about a week though, so I began to put my clothes in the closet and the drawers. I hoped that the others would wake up soon, though, because I really wanted to be able to get a good spot on the beach.

I hung out in the living room on the second floor and watched some Seinfeld reruns on TBS, until everyone else got up.

Once everyone else was up,we ate breakfast. We didn't bring much food besides snacks, because Schneider had figured that we'd eat out for pretty much every meal, but Lydia had packed a whole tote of breakfast stuff, and she'd even bought lunch meat and bread and stuff to make sandwiches.

After breakfast, we all went to our separate bedrooms and bathrooms to get changed for the beach.

Once I got changed into my swimsuit and flip flops, I brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail. I also put in my contacts and put on some waterproof mascara.

Sam's Outfit

Sam's Outfit

After that, I went into our bedroom and put my phone, my waterproof speaker, my beach towel and my copy of To All The Boys I've Loved Before in my beach bag.

"We're going down to the beach!", I shouted up to Schneider.

"Okay cool. I'll be down there soon", he shouted back.

Once Dana and Jade were done, we all went down to the garage to get our boogie boards and beach chairs.

After that, we walked down to the beach.

Once we were down there, I hooked my phone up to the speaker and put my phone and speaker in the cup holder of my beach chair and started my playlist.

"Never-Ending Story" from Stranger Things began playing.

"Is this the song that Dustin did in season three?", Jade asked.

"Yes, it is. And it's sad that Sam has it on her playlist", Dana said.

"Shut up. It's a bop and you know it", I replied.

I then began lip-syncing to the whole song and like totally jamming out to it.

"The fact that you know all the words- even the dialogue that they say in the beginning- is super sad", Dana said.

"Ew. Why is she picking the music?", Finn asked, setting his stuff down next to ours.

Again, Chloe laughed and smiled at him. I would NOT be surprised if the two of them had a little side-thing going on.

"Shut up, Finn", Ethan said.

"I'm fine with her playing her music as long as she doesn't play stuff from Waitress", Alex said.

"When He Sees Me" from Waitress began playing as soon as he said that.

"I spoke to soon", Alex said.

"Shut up. I know you secretly love Waitress" I replied.

"He doesn't, because he's not gay, Samantha", Chloe said.

"Ummm, gays right here, hun", Jade said, pointing to her and Dana.

"Man, Alex. Your girlfriend is such a lovely person", Dana said sarcastically , pulling me and Jade down towards the water.

"Holy shit! That's freezing!", Jade said.

"Real talk. Chloe should shut the fuck up", Dana said.

"Agreed", I said.

I felt someone lift me up, and I screamed.

"Put me down, Ethan!!", I exclaimed.

"You look so hot in that bikini", he whispered into my ear.

"Umm thanks. Put me down please", I said.

He continued holding me up, and his hands were too close to my boobs for my liking.

"I'm not even joking anymore. Put me down", I said.

"Jesus, Ethan. Put her the fuck down", Dana said.

He finally put me down, and then he slapped my ass as he walked back to the sand.

"Are you okay with him doing that kind of stuff?", Jade asked.

"I guess. Isn't that how all high school guys treat their girlfriends? It's completely normal", I said.

"I've never dated a guy, so I don't think I'm the best person to ask", Dana said.

"Hey", Alex said, coming up to stand beside me.

"Hi", I said.

"I got sick of listening to songs from musicals, so I came down here", Alex said.

"Dana and I are gonna go sit down before we get hypothermia", Jade said, holding Dana's hand as they walked back to the sand.

"It's freezing out here", I said.

"Yeah", Alex agreed.

"I know you're gonna get mad at me for saying this, but I don't like Ethan and you dating", Alex said.

"Why? Are you jealous?", I asked jokingly.

"I'm being serious, Sam", he said.

"I don't like Chloe, but I put up with her", I said.

"I'm not joking. I don't like the way he looks at you".

"What do you mean? He just looks at me like any other regular person. What's the big deal?", I said.

"He looks at you like he's like hungry and your food or some shit", he said.

"Wow, so I'm like a cupcake he wants to eat or something? Nice metaphor", I said.

"I didn't want to come out and say it, but he doesn't look you in the eyes. He looks you in the boobs. You should've heard some of the stuff he was saying about you to Finn last night. I had to leave", Alex said.

"Whatever, Alex. I'm going back up there. I have a book to read", I said, leaving.

Author's Note: We stan protective Alex. I freaking hate Ethan, and there's going to be a lot of drama between him, Sam, and Alex in the next few chapters. There should be about five more beach chapters in this section before I go on to the regular season three storylines. There's more to come, and I'm going to try to get this beach series done this weekend because I start school on Wednesday. Happy Reading!
💛 Beth