CHAPTER EIGHT [SEASON FOUR]

PLEASE LISTEN TO GIVE ME A MINUTE BY LIZZY MCALPINE WHILE READING THIS, BC I LISTENED TO IT WHILE WRITING AND IT JUST REALLY SETS THE TONE FIR THE CHAPTER!!!

Sam's Outfit

After all the shit that went down yesterday with Nora's horrible finsta post, I'd spent the rest of the day in my bedroom with Dana and Jade watching all my favorite episodes of Brooklyn 99.

Luckily, the finsta post had been taken down that night because Dana and Jade had both reported it as cyber-bullying. I know that that should make me feel better, but I knew deep down that tons of people had probably seen it or even screen-shotted it before it was taken down.

Although Alex had called and texted me multiple times last night, I still hadn't spoken to him. I just didn't really want to, especially knowing that this could have all been avoided if he hadn't told all that shit to Nora.

Once Dana and Jade left last night, I'd cried myself to sleep and had ended up sleeping in really late.

As soon as I got up, I got dressed and all that and then went down the fire escape to go talk to Alex.

I knocked on his window a few times and he opened the window up right away.

I climbed in his window and sat on his bed.

"Are you ok Sammie? I saw what Nora posted and I texted her to tell her to take it down. She said she was sorry and that she was just jealous and did it without thinking. I'm sorry this happened, though", Alex said, sitting next to me.

I scooted away from him, "The fact that she 'apologized' doesn't make it all ok, you know that right? In fact, this all probably wouldn't have happened in the first place if you hadn't told Nora shit that was none of her business", I said.

"It's not Nora's fault. She said she was sorry", Alex said.

"What the fuck? Why do you keep defending her to me. I'm your girlfriend, I'm the one you should be defending, not her!" I said.

"It's just not that big of a deal. I'm sorry that you're jealous of Nora, but there's seriously nothing to be jealous of", he replied.

"That's the problem, right there. I'm not fucking jealous of Nora, I'm fucking pissed off that she posted all that shit about me and that you're still defending her! I don't know if I'm being naive or what, but I was always led to believe that you should protect the person you're dating from people like Nora rather than defending them", I said.

"I understand that what she said was horrible, but she didn't mean for it to come off like that. I just don't understand why you're making her out to be the bad guy here!" Alex said.

"Because she is the bad guy! She is! Why the fuck would she even post anything about me in the first place? How could it come off in any other way? How are you so oblivious to everything happening here?" I said.

"You're overreacting! I just don't understand your problems with Nora. She's always been super nice to me", Alex said.

"I can't believe you sometimes! You are so fucking oblivious! She openly flirts with you all the time, and she treats me like shit just because I'm dating you! Well, let me tell you, that's over", I said.

"What's over?" Alex asked.

"Nora treating me like shit. Since I'm not dating you anymore, she won't treat me like shit anymore", I said, getting up from his bed and walking over to the window.

"Sam, you're being irrational! Why are you breaking up with me just because of Nora?" Alex asked.

"I'm breaking up with you because you keep picking Nora over me! Did you even read the shit she posted? It was horrible, and it was completely unnecessary, and instead of comforting me or listening to how I feel, you're defending her! Alex, I'm done with this shit!" I said.

I began to climb out his window, when I remembered something.

I crawled back in and took off my gold locket.

"This is yours", I said softly, setting my locket down in his dresser.

I crawled out his window and back up the fire escape to my bedroom.

Only then, did I finally allow myself to cry.

Author's Note: Hi! Do not hate me for this! This chapter made me cry so many times while writing it, and I already have next chapter kinda plotted out too! I plan to have the next chapter out this weekend or early next week! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you don't hate me too much for what I did lmao. I promise all will make sense and work out in the end!

Lots of love, Beth ❤️❤️❤️