Spring Mary

I lock the door of my Bakery. Extra locks just to be sure. After I'm satisfied I walk down the stairs holding bags of bread, blending in among the crowd on the street. The door and locks are all brand new and hey, no kidding. They are not cheap. Who do they think they are to break my door? FBI? If this keep going on I might ended up becoming a thief.

A thief? Not a beggar? If my sensei saw me become one I might ended up being a laughing stock. Hell no, there's no way I would sully sensei's pride. It's a different case if I pretended to be one during undercover missions.

"Where to?" Asked the coachman.

"Spring Mary's Orphanage." This is an orphanage that I used to stay at after I changed my identity.

The coachman starts a small talk. "Children have been missing lately. No matter how much you scold them, there are some who managed to snuck out. *Sigh* Some said they were kidnapped but the police said it was opened indoors. So confusing! My neighbor is very worried that his daughter might get kidnapped but that little girl is quite the rascal. He complained to me every single time he had a chance to I think my ears are going to bleed some day!" Because we both are on equal status, the coachman opens up to me even more. 

"Maybe a spooky story would help." I suggested.

"A spooky story? Not bad. How does the story goes?"

"Lily and her friends snuck out of their houses in the middle of midnight. As they were playing tag on the street, an anonymous carriage stopped by the street. The coachman promised them to give them a lot of candies if they followed him. She nods eagerly, and so they followed him. They were later filled with regret. There were no candies. Her friends disappearing one by one. Searching for them in the dense forest, her feet was caught in a bear trap. Grasping for air, she finally realize something. That place is no candyland. It is a hunting ground of madness. She called out her father in a weak tone before her last breath. The end." I looked up and saw the coachman shivering.

"H-how come I never heard that kind of story?" He's totally spooked out.

"Of course you haven't. I just created one." I stated as the matter of fact.

"Gosh! You scared me, young man! Aren't you that famous baker? You got a knack in writing too? That's impressive. I heard you graduated from Oxbridge?"

"Maaaan.... Those assignments are hell. I'm telling you! I've lost count on how many pages I wrote for a single subject. Instead of a government officer, novelists were born!" I lighten up the mood.

"Kuhahahaha! I see! I see! Your talent came from those hellish days of paperwork. No wonder you're so good at it. Maybe he will faint after hearing that story from me. I'll enjoy my time laughing at him all day." He wanted to prolong the conversation, however we already arrived.

"You can go on. There are some places I would like to visit so I think I'll return on foot."

"You sure young man? The distance is quite far."

"Hmph. Who do you think you're looking at?" I pointed at myself. "I'm a 'young man', aren't I?" I raised an eyebrow and smiled jokingly.

"Pfffffff- Hahahahaha! Very well! Youngsters should move more after all! If you need a ride, I'll welcome you as my exclusive customer." He said and we both bid farewell.

"Big brother Moriiiiiiiiiii!~" A group of children running towards me with smiles plastered on their faces.

"Eeeeeh?~ You still recognize me?" By the way, my hair is dyed in black again and my hairstyle is the one I used under the name of Mori Hadrian. "You recognize me so fast that it makes me wonder if I didn't grew at all."