I'm Not A Patriot

*Splash!*

"Wake up you low life." The kidnapper voice was hoarse as he poured the water from the mop bucket onto me. Ah geez, do they really need to use water? I hate them already. I was tied to a chair and my eyes scanned the room.

"Eh?" There's someone else with us. Also tied to a chair like I do. His blonde hair that shines under the moonlight and those eyes that sparkles as rubies is none other than that boy... Well, he's not a boy anymore. "I didn't expect to see a noble tied to a chair right after I woke up." My remarks gained chuckle from. our kidnapper.

"Well it was at our favor that you two were happen to be on the same range. We have two clients waiting in line." Ah... So I'm not part of his plan. "Unlike this noble over here, yours wants you to be drop dead."

"So you injected drugs I presume?"

The kidnapper chuckled. "Better than that. It's poison." His vicious smile perked upbas he assumed that he's victorious as always. "You will slowly die. Such a sad ending for a mere baker. If you didn't annoy my client with your business then you wouldn't be here today-"

"Larry McMillan." He flinches as I said that name. "So he's your client I presume? Hah, you didn't even try to hide it. It's all written on your face."

"You-!" He charged to attack me but hey, he forgot something. He only tied my hands to the chair, not my feet. As he moves forward, I stands up and hit him with the chair with sheer force. Just like my door, the chair's HP went down to zero and it broke. But that isn't enough to make him unconscious yet. "Y-you! How did you-!" He still has that energy after falling backwards? Now I'm impressed.

I grabbed the broken chair leg. "How? To be frank I had expected he to act. His gaze when he saw me made it so obvious." I smiled. "To be frank, it is not you who were incompetent, but that client of yours just took obvious! Maaaaan... I praise you for making it this far." I raise the weapon and looked at him to see his reaction. It was priceless! He looks so scared! So different from a minute ago.

*Bam!*

I hit his head. Imagine hitting a baseball. Yup. A baseball. Blood seeps out from his cracked skull. "Hey, I know you're still awake." I poked his cheek and giggled. "What was that you said yo me? 'You will slowly die'? Ah... Such a sad ending for a mere outlaw. If only you didn't accept that request, you wouldn't be here~" I used his own words against him, adding more salt to his wounds.

"Ha-hahaha! I poisoned you! I already poisoned you! It's useless-"

*Bam!*

I lift his head after I slameeed it onto the cold and hard floor. "Useless indeed. Your poison I mean. Do I look poisoned?"

"What- But- but that's impossible!"

Yeah it's possible alright. Surprisingly my poison resistance has not left me. Poison from the modern area I drank are far more potent than these newly developed poison. And assassin should be immune to poison, is what my sensei told me when he gave me a dose of poison to increase my immunity towards poison.

"Say, you were so proud and act all mighty when you mention this poison of yours." I searched through his pocket and take out a small bottle and a syringe. "Say, now this is mine. A dead man doesn't own anything, does he?"

"What? You will poison me as well?"

"Hahahaha! Now now then! We don't need unnecessary evidence! Let's just say you fell and broke your neck~"

"Wha-"

*CRACK!*

I let go of my grip from his head and avert my gaze to the shocked noble. "This is unexpected." I walk towards him and cut off the rope that tied him. "I told you not to look for me but this happened? Do you want your name to be on my Death Note or what?" I glared at the blonde.

"I didn't expect it to be you either." He adds. "You killed that person rather easily."

"Should the tiger be blamed for killing right after the lamb approached it?" I spoke indifferently.

He let out a small chuckle. "I suppose you have a point there."

I stand there, my arms crossed. "What do you want, William?"

He looked back at me. "I'm just curious on how you have been so far. You're fine it seems."

"So what? You want me to work for you?" I'm standing the same as his eye level. "Since you've seen how I preformed I'm afraid that either of us wouldn't end this that easily."

He smiled gently. "Is it not to your liking?"

"I've got no choice do I? *Sigh* And here I thought I could live as a docile tiger. I already made a promise you see. To my late teacher."

"I see the opposite of what you said."

"Pssh! He tried to kill me no? All this time, the one I'm trying to protect was myself. Should I be blamed? A commoner like me?" I used his kindness to the commoner to squeeze out his sympathy. From the look in his eyes, it seems that it worked.

"I still don't understand why you would go that far."

"You don't need to. We have our own goals. It is evident." I put on my cloth mask that I hid inside my hidden pocket. I borrow the dead kidnapper's coat without second thought. Tracking system was invented in 1960, in another upcoming century. So, there's no way they could track me. "I have a few condition. First, I don't want to be part of your inner circle. Second, I can choose whether or not to accept your request or deny it."

"Hmm..." William thinks rather deeply. "Very well. I accept your conditions."

I touch the wall and pressed the odd brick sticking out from the wall a bit. Well, what do you know? I discovered a secret passage. It had gotten noisier outside as the police had arrived at the doorstep.

I took an oil lamp and turn to William. "But I must warn you, William. That I, will spare none." My gaze turned cold like the ones I showed him when he was still a young boy. "I'm not a patriot. Choose my job wisely."

The mechanism closed the door, breaking our eye contact. I continue to walk towards the underground passage.

Sigh... His patriotism is annoying. Can't he just leave me alone? I've got plenty of people after my life already for some petty reasons.

Speaking of which- that guy... Oh he's gonna accompany his client across Sanzu river tonight.