The Chase

"From your gaze earlier, I can guess where's the criminal location is." Sherlock explains while we ran to chase after the criminal.

"He stopped shooting a while ago. That means he's already packing and on the run. There's no way he could freely carry a gun in daylight, so most likely he hid his weapons in a music instrument case."

"Good point. Then how about we check that market? He will probably disguise among those people."

"He saw me since he basically targeting me. So..." I have no choice but to do that.

"So?" Sherlock wait for me to finish my sentence.

I took a sharp turn to an an alley. I grab the clothes hanging there and did a quick change. I exit the alley at the other exit where Sherlock is. "What do you think Sherly?" My hair was combed and I wear a short hat. I also stole some grandpa's reading spectacles.

"Gosh, I didn't recognize you anymore."

"That shall do it. Then our target..." I scan around the market area. "Not telling~ A mystery is more fun when you solved on your own, correct?"

Sherlock smirked. "Then shall we start?"

"You bet." Hehehe, a prey trying to kill a predator? Guess he didn't know I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing. Sherlock and I searched separately. We can't ruin each others' fun, can we?

*Bump!*

I pretend to be weak and fell backwards. "Ow!" What kind of human wall did I ran into?

"My apologiese mister-" The person paused a bit while holding my hat.

"Oops! How clumsy of me! Thanks, but I'm perfectly fine." I snatched the hat and hurriedly putting it back on before all the crowd's attention centered to me. "Then I'll be going! I'm on a rush! Thanks again!" I rush forward and successfully blends in the crowd. I glanced behind. Good, he's not chasing after me. The criminal should be revealed by this time-

"STOP!" Ah? Isn't that Sherly's voice?

"Kyaaaah!" The sniper pushed a woman to slow down Sherlock.

"Damn it! Miss! Are you alright? Someone help her!"

At the same time, the sniper is actually heading MY way. "Out of the way!" Everyone went aside except for me. I put on a calm smile as the culprit runs towards me. "I SAID OUT OF THE WAY!" He was about to hit me. I lower my posture and use my legs to trip him. *Bam!* He falls flat on the ground.

"Ara~ That must have hurt, right? Poor you." I smiled as I tie the culprit with a rope I stole somewhere.

"Mori! You-!" Sherlock finally came to the scene.

"Sorry Sherly, I won." I made a peace sign and grinned brightly. "But Sherly, I reaaaaaaally have to say this. You sucks at cats and mouse chase."

"There was a complexity-!"

"Yeah yeah. You're too nice Sherly. No need to explain that in my face. Hey bastard." The sniper I tied tried to kick me. I aimed one vital spot and hit it with my knuckle. The sniper freezes before he fell onto the ground again.

"M-my legs... I can't feel them..."

"It's not like I've cut off your legs. They're still intact. Stop whining." I hold his instrument case. After checking it's weight. "...Sherly, arrest that man behind you too."

"W-what?! Why?!" The man freted. Sherlock brings that man forward. I stand up and take that man's instrument case, and judge it's weight.

"...It's here." I searched the sniper's pocket for the key and open up the second man's case. A sniper gun was revealed inside.

"Oh my!" "It's a gun!" The crowds starts to whisper among each other.

"IMPOSSIBLE! I'M INNOCENT!" The second man shouts.

"Exactly." Sherlock said.

"Eh?" The man calmed down a bit.

"Your bag looks similar, so Mr Sniper here switched his case with you unnoticed so that when he got arrested, no one will have proof to charge him. But instead, if the police did find the gun inside 'your' case, they would immediately suspect you. While they were interrogating you, he will take the chance to flee away. And of course! That misfortune wouldn't happen to you since we caught him!" Sherlock let go of the innocent man.

"I- I see! I owe you kind sirs!"

"Then how can you proof that the man over there is the sniper?" The man I bumped into suddenly appears.

"Mycroft..." Sherlock is annoyed just by seeing that man.

Mycroft... Sherlock's older brother. He works for the government, so did he got informed of that incident already? That was fast. No, wait. I don't think that's the case. I think he attended the graduation ceremony to see his brother and saw the chaos. It's not from a secondary source.

"He didn't get rid of the key because he forgot. So much errors in your first attempt murder?" The sniper flinched. "And the reason of that because you never get the title as 'Honor Student'? Ara~ The anger that your dad lashed at you left some really deep scars in your heart, no?" The sniper trembles as he looked down in fear. I touch the bruise mark on his neck and whisper into his ear. "Before you die, tell the world. Tell the world that such bastard doesn't deserve to be called a 'father'. You can die in peace."

The sniper looked at me with disbelief. "Who would believe the words of a criminal?" The sniper's eyes are doubtful.

"I will. Because I can." I whispered. "The beast trapping you is no more, for I shall turn him to mice." The sniper whipered thank you.

The police finally arrived and took the sniper away along with the evidence.

"Good job you two. You've done an honorable act just now. You've officially graduated am I right? What would you think about joining the police?"

"Boo!!" "Boring!"Sherlock and I replied at the same time. This earned Mycroft's confusion.

"You want me to sit in an office doing paperworks? Wow... What a gloomy future." I commented, earning some nods from people around me.

"But with your capability-"

"Stop hitting around the bush. The seniors colleagues will dump all the paperwork to junior colleagues. Since I graduated early, the probability for that to happen to me is 99%. I might got bullied by the junior collegues just because I'm the youngest. Ah... So gloomy... How can you force me to face such misfortune that I could avoid?"

"Then we just have to make sure you won't."

"That wouldn't work so to sum up, to avoid such pain in the ass problems, I shall reject your offer." Hmm... I already killed many assassins and thugs during before graduation. Ara~ And here I thought I could live a normal life. Well, it's not my fault they came to kill me. All I did was retaliate. A police is a job with the highest possibility to get bribed by the nobles, so I'm not gonna yap like some useless puppy.

"Then, what job would you apply for?"

I smiled as usual. "That's a surprise."