Baker

Due to insufficient funds, Mori decided to do part time jobs. The legal ones. Because he did not know which job pays the most, he will test out random jobs.

For now, before deciding other jobs, he will first finish his order.

"This is just the beginning." He insert the final plain bread he baked that day into a big sack. He was not taught to complain, but to act.  "First stop, the training ground in Scotland Yard." He received an order for his bread from one of his acquaintance who works there as an instructor. He took a carriage on that fine morning and arrived to Scotland Yard's gate, which is when he was stopped by the guards.

"State your name and business. What's inside that sack?" Yep, carrying something in non transparent thing made the delivery falls under suspicion. Well, what other choices he had? There's no such thing as plastic bags. Plastic bags were invented to save the planet, according to the son of Swedish engineer Sten Gustaf Thulin who created them in 1959. The bags were developed as an alternative to paper bags, which were considered bad for the environment because they resulted in forests being chopped down. According to the anime, Mori is currently in 1911.

"Heyaaa! I'm the bread delivery guy! Your superior ordered these breads from me." Mori showed them the content of the sack. He can't afford having more enemies. His ideal 'normal life' is something that he should achieve with effort, even if it means to deceive others with his facades.

"Oh, it's you. Yes, we were told beforehand that someone's going to deliver today's bread. You may pass." The left guard informed. After I enter the gate, I walk down the stone pavement towards a building where I was told to go.

Every place I went was historical settings. As someone who's from the future, I find it frustrating. This is, however, my reality now. Even my favorite cake wasn't invented yet. How bitter. Hmm... maybe I should make one later? This is not the real world so there shouldn't be much problem if I changed the history a bit. I continue my walk as I took a glance at some police train their shooting accuracy from the open veranda. 

"What is a civilian doing here in Scotland Yard's training ground?" My way was stopped by someone familiar yet I don't seem to remember.

"Gregson! He's the delivery guy. Don't need to be so stiff." My acquaintance appears behind him.

"Oh hey Tim. Where should I put these?"

"No need to burden yourself. Our graduation back then sure had left terror in you. I feel bad letting you getting near those." He glanced at the training grounds. More precisely, the guns that they were holding.

"You're so kind Tim! No wonder you're one of the earliest to get married in our batch."

"Hahaha! You're still single Mori? Why would you turn down those girls' confessions? You would be married earlier than I am!"

"I just don't have any feelings for them." Because I used to be a girl... there's no way I would say that. "I choose to reject them so that they wouldn't suffer from me. They should find someone who would love them instead."

"Whoa- you're such a man Mori. Unlike Sherlock, he said getting married and having a wife is annoying! He had broken countless of girls with that sentence! He gained a lot of resentment during those days!"

"Is he someone you knew Tim?" Gregson suddenly interrupts. "And both of you also knew Sherlock. Care to explain?"

"We studied at the same university. I'm not that close with Sherlock but rumors spread fast."

"What rumors?"

"Assistant Inspector Gregson, it's in the past and it's nothing law breaking. You may think I'm covering him up but no. Stop trying to arrest him for nothing." Gregson gritted his teeth when Tim mentioned his position. He stomped away angrily.

"I apologize that you've seen an unsightly act not befitting as Scotland Yard police officers. I would appreciate it if you didn't spread this."

"Sure! It's not that hard."

"Thank you Mori. I owe you one."

I see Tim holding a paper with someone's picture on it. "That person..."

"Hmm? You mean him?" He showed me a wanted poster.

"I think I've seen him somewhere... where was it again? This is bad, I don't remember."

"Really?! Then take this! If you ever saw this man then please catch him! I'm confident in your athletic skills!" He said energetically while handing me over the wanted poster.

"My gosh Tim, what are you making a normal civilian do?" Then Mori just laugh it off. "Sure, I'll catch him for you. But this time, it's not free! Buy me drinks later if I caught him!"

"Hahaha! Sure thing!"

A totally normal conversation, just as I wanted. This is perfect. I take out a my list-to-do for today after I left Scotland Yard. Next is... a chef on a train. This will be easy as breeze.