Death and Reincarnation

I hated my life. Don't make me start digging the sins I've committed. Ah, you're curious? I could tell you one secret before I leave. I may seem like your normal everyday middle school girl but behind this sweet mask lies the cold gaze of a killer. Yup!~ I'm a killer~

Is it revenge? Nope!

I do it for money!~ At least for me, it is cooler job rather than getting myself raped at night club. I promised papa that I'll grow up into a strong big girl~ Sadly, papa died in an accident while he was on his way to work. It's a shame he couldn't see how strong I've become. Oh well~

And my mama... Is the loveliest person on earth!~ She's so sweet and lovely. Too bad she had become more stubborn after papa died. That one time, she got out of control and broke papa's picture frame! I heard a faint voice inside my head, papa's voice telling me to discipline her. I knocked her down with a baseball bat papa gifted me on last christmas and successfully tie her up. I made her kiss papa's picture to seek his forgiveness until her lips are bleeding because of the glass shards. Until a certain time, she lashed out. I don't know what made her so brave. Maybe.... the neighbor saw her pleading for help while I was on a grocery trip?

"Stupid." I finally stabbed her. "Here I thought we could have a final dinner as a FAMILY. Guess I was too naive." I stabbed her again and again until her last breath.

I ran away from home, got adopted by some street gangster veteran. Seeing the blood on me, he asked me to become his disciple. Long story short, I live my life as an assassin feared by the world. My merciless nature shakes the entire continent. I call myself Mori, which is the name of my late father.

One day, sensei asked me a weird question. "Mori, do you not want a normal life?"

"A normal life? Me?"

"Yeah. How about you go watch some anime like a normal youngsters do? The last time you did that is just to blend into a Anime Convention to assassinate a target."

"I'm good at piano."

"Yeah, you're sure a talented girl Mori. I'm proud of you." Sensei patted my head. I felt slightly happy that he did. Sensei was like a second father figure for me. "I will watch those so called anime, sensei."

I remember the way he smiles. It warms up my cold heart. The only thing I looked forward to see after my bloody missions. I just didn't expect it to be the last.

Sensei died in a mission. Someone miscalculated the timing and the police almost caught them. To keep the clients' secret, they have to eliminate sensei, who was being captured. With a single bullet shot through his brain, sensei breathed his last air.

After receiving the news from the company, I felt blank. I do not feel anything. Empty. It's as if my life no longer have a meaning. That is when I snapped. "Sensei... You liar... You left me too... Just like father. I'm not letting you go alone, sensei." I shoved the kitchen knife onto my throat. I feel the excruciating pain on my whole nerves, my mind becomes blank and I slowly closing my eyes...

"Mori, do you not want a normal life?"

"Mori..."

"-MORI-"

"-MORIARTY!"

?

Who's Moriarty?

My eyelids twitched and light invaded the darkness I embraced a few moments ago. "Ugh!" I groaned as the light was blinding me.

"William! You're awake!" An English woman is crying by my side. "Those two peasants! They pushed you, didn't they?! Mother punished them severely, but seeing you in this state, It wouldn't be enough to let them off the hook!"

"Mother, you're too loud. My head hurts." I hold my head and my assassin trait pursue me to play along.

"You're awake, William." A young boy with brown hair and green eyes stands in front of the doorway.

"Albert! Look at what those peasants did to your little brother! We must chase them out this instant!"

"Mother." I interrupt her, gaining Albert's attention too. "You're too loud. And no one pushed me." I killed myself with a knife, how dare you mock my suicide attempt. "Tell the maids I'll take my meals in my bedroom. I don't want any visitors. I'm sorry, but that includes you mother."

"Will- William..." My 'mother' hands tremble and I clasped her hands.

"Then I'll make sure to recover two times faster. Wait for me, mother!~" Ah, it's a habit of mine to act according to certain situations.

"William! My baby boy! Mother will wait for that day!" The woman hugs me affectionetly- hold your horses. Did she just say... baby BOY? "I wish the best for your recovery, William. Let's go Albert. We shouldn't disrupt William's recovery." The woman pushes Albert away, who was eyeing me with bewilderment. Did I act out of character? Oh well, I could use this injured head of the real owner of this body as an excuse.

As they were gone, sensei's word lingers inside my head. For the first time, tears escaped my eyes. I hugged my knees and buried my face onto my thighs. "If that's your final will, then I'll try. I'll try to be normal." I whisper to myself.

I don't feel like wanting to know the situation I'm in. I'm too depressed to think. I drifted into slumber and the darkness consumes me again.