Ominous Morning

"..." Sherlock is currently holding a letter with undisturbed wax seal on it.

"Sherlock, read your letter later! The breakfast Mrs. Hudson made for us will be cold."

"Huh? Yeah..." Sherlock puts the letter down. "I ate too much yesterday. John, you gained weight too, right? About 7.5 pounds."

"Ugh! You're really good...!"

"I see you every day, so of course I know. I'm not simply observing. Lose weight!"

John sweat drops. "I'll do that..." Although to be precise, it's only 7 pounds...

"And you! You're thinner than the last time we saw you! Stop overworking Mori!"

"I'm fine though?" Mori replied nonchalantly while practicing poker cards during breakfast. "Is this your card Sherly?" Mori reveals a card with six black spades on it.

"Correct- Hey! That's not the point!"

*Knock knock*

"Sounds like someone's at the door downstairs. I'll go." John stands up from his chair.

"Ha! You're exercising already!" Sherlock remarks. "Mori! You should do something about yourself otherwise you'll end up as a walking corpse!"

"I already ate a small portion. I'm fine with just that. Hmm....  if you stack them and mix them like this..." Mori still immersed practicing poker cards, not too bothered by Sherlock's advice.

...

"Yes, may I help you?"

"Good day, is Mr. Holmes in?"

"Yes, I suppose you're a client. Come in, let me take your coat."

"You are the doctor who came to Afghanistan...?"

"You have read my book, I see... Haha..."

"This is rather blunt, but... as a doctor, please take a good care of yourself. It seems you have gained about 7 pounds in weight." The man in black coat took off his black top hat.

"Eh? How do you...?"

"Your belt is old but the hole you're using is new... Judging from your waist measurement and height... You have clearly gained 7 pounds."

"...!" Even Sherlock didn't have this much detail behind his guess...! "Who are...?"

"I will show myself upstairs."

"Eh?! Wait...! Don't-"

He busted the door open by a heavy kick and aims his gun with a smirk on his face. Instinctively, Sherlock threw the table up, resulting anything on it to topple. With the support of his right hand, he lift up his body to kick the person, but he defended with his left arm. Sherlock cursed internally. Unexpectedly, Some cards were sent flying, disturbing his vision on Sherlock. Light reflects into his eyes, which arouse alert. He brings his gun forward, and it clashed with a cheese knife. At that very moment, his feet was swept and he looses his balance. His head was grabbed and slammed onto the floor. By the time he regain his consciousness from that short shock, a gun was pointed at his forehead. "Hi there!~ Long time no see, Mycroft." Mori's smile is cheerful but the atmosphere is quite the opposite since he's holding a gun.

"Heh, you got me. That's a shame." Mori helps Mycroft stands up and returns his gun. Mycroft grinned and shot insecure Sherlock.

"Sher- Sherlock!!!" John hurried to Sherlock's side. "Hang in there-"

"Owww..."

"Wha- huh?"

"Hahahaha! Now, it's 672 wins and a tie for me, Sherly. Someday, won't you show me how it feels to lose like what your friend did just now?"

"...Damn you brother! GO AND DIE!!!"

"Brother?! He's your brother?!" The discovery left John dumbfounded.

"Yeah, yeah! He's Mycroft."

"Amazing gun, isn't it, Sherly? If you turn the barrel to the right, it shoot paint bullets. Jealous?"

"LIKE I CARE! GO HOME!"

"Eeeeh... I'll be late if I don't go now." Mori just finished picking up all of his poker cards. "Bye Sherly! Say thanks to Mrs. Hudson on my behalf!"

"HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! DON'T LEAVE ME WITH MYCROFT! HEY!!!"

As soon as Mori headed out, luck was on his side. A coachman appeared with the carriage. After paying certain amount, he boarded it. Mori peeks through the carriage window and smiled at annoyed Sherlock.

"Sherly, who's your friend? He seems interesting."

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Sherlock is still salty from earlier occasion.

That time... when I looked from below... I didn't pay much attention to his bangs and shockingly he resembles someone. Just who-

"His name is Mori Hadrian-"

"DON'T ANSWER HIM JOHN!" Sherlock shouts a little too late.

Mori? Mori... Moriarty... Are those two related? Hmm... maybe I think too much. There are also cases when two unrelated people resembles each other. I'll let this matter slide for the time being.