I Just Want A Few Glasses

Author's Woes

Author: Phew! Another Chapter to go! I'm so thoughtful! Mori hm... this and that aaaaaaanddd... Now, time to check up on my online friends on Discord before updating.

A Few Moments Later...

Author: Finally! 400 words to go and we're done- wait, why does the book cover seem weird? *Checks again* WAIT- THIS IS MY GENSHIN FANFIC NOT MORIARTY THE PATRIOT FANFIC! I'M SUCH A DUM DUM!!!

In the end, the Author got lucky because she realized her mistake before pressing that update button. While correcting the chapter, she ponders on how much money she needs to buy a new pair of glasses.

Author: I want to explain more tho but hmm, that publish button is so tempting. *Lightly taps*

...

Mori glances down the dance hall below from the second floor. He's not into dancing so staying upstairs is the safest option. Sometimes some women insist on a dance too. Which Nobel man doesn't know how to dance? Probably a few of them because they have no talent for dancing. But this time it's different. He does not have a noble identity anymore. If they found out who he is then not only might he be in the headlines of the newspapers, but the host of this party will also get sneered at by nobles from other houses.

'Tch, he just had to leave me here alone like an idiot.' Mori grips his wine glass while glaring at a certain idiot brother. Bennett had to distract other nobles who recognized him.

"Good evening Count Harmon! How is your day? The moment your carriage enters the gate, I was surprised by your presence! Plus, you were not alone! Who is that other gentleman you've brought with you?" The lady in an azure blue dress asks Bennett.

"Good evening Lady Duvion, thank you for your concern. Today is rather blessed. The work is smooth and I got time to enjoy myself tonight. As for the other fellow you had been curious about, he is a friend of mine. His carriage broke on the way here so I offered him a ride."

"Oh my! You're such a generous man count Harmon! Who is that lucky friend of yours? Which house is he from?" Her friend suddenly adds more questions.

"Now now, Lady Hazel, this is his first Masquerade party. My friend put in an effort not to be recognized by other nobles. He's enjoying the result. My ladies, may I ask you a favor to let him down?"

[Bennett used his sympathetic expression!!! He looks so ikemen! SUPER effective!!! HEART MELT DAMAGE -9999999!!!]

"Yes count Harmon!" The young ladies have hearts in their eyes.

'How come Bennett is likable? They must be blind.' Mori drinks the wine, trying to forget about the necktie incident. The wine tastes funny to his taste buds but he ignores this minor problem.

"Excuse me-" A hand slowly tapped Mori's shoulder.

"?!!!!!" *COUGH! COUGHS!* Mori is shocked by the sudden contact. He even choked on his wine.

"Oh, God! Are you okay?! I apologize for scaring you! I didn't mean to!" The young man frantically pats Mori's back to help.

"I- *cough! cough!* I'm alright. You can let me go." The person stood there. His guilty expression is so obvious that even Mori believes he is one of those goody-two-shoes nobles. 'That was dangerous. I have not sensed his presence at all. Although I am under alcohol influence, it's too early to get drunk.' Mori stands composed and continues the conversation. "It is only a small matter. How could I ever hold a grudge? As for you, may I inquire why you wish to greet me?"

The young man fidgets. He glances at their surroundings to make sure no one is near. "Actually... I heard you are a friend of Harmon. A friend of his is also a friend of mine. So... Uhm, can we be friends too? Ah! It is supposed to be 'I am pleased to make acquaintance with you'? Huh? Was it? Wuuu... I messed up again." QwQ