26 | IN WHICH SHE'S TAKEN PUBLICLY

Malora saved the spreadsheet and leaned into the back of the sofa with a sigh, working out the kinks in her neck. A glance at her phone told her it was a little after twelve. She'd started typing two hours ago, and managed to put down two thousands words, reread and edit the whole page.

Sighing, she closed her laptop and let her head sink into the headrest. She closed her eyes.

Titan had left after his parting shot about not trusting himself. And that was three days ago. Yes, it was already Friday; the same day he promised to visit her. But Malora isn't sure of he would be making an appearance. He hadn't called or messaged her since then. So, she'd devised some forgo the sushi until he came around.

Lorena was vague about Louis's treatment when Malora called her this morning. In fact, she sounded so cheerful that Malora would have thought it phony if she didn't know her sister. Also, her sister had been on a busy street—she could hear the honks and sounds of running engines—and had said she was with Louis.
She'd lied to Malora, and since she couldn't leave London at the drop of a hat, she would just have to believe Lorena's words that Louis was fine.

Her grumbling stomach was what finally pushed Malora off the sofa. She managed to prepare a plate of Whole Wheat Wild blueberry Lemon pecan muffin, and coffee. After cleaning her plate, she retreated to her bedroom for a nap.

It was a little past one when her phone pinged with an incoming message.

Pack a bag and meet in downstairs in fifteen minutes.

It would seem that another getaway was Titan's way of apologizing for his absence, or he was ready to take off that mask of indifference.

*

As they flew into Las Vegas airport—at least she knew where they were going this time— Malora looked out of her cabin window, and the sparkling city appears almost magically from the miles of desert surrounding it. The heat outside the airport hit her like a wall. They walked quickly toward a gleaming pink SUV, which was waiting outside for them. It was wonderfully cool inside.

'Pink?' She asked.

'It's the Hard Rock touch,' Titan said.

They were in Las Vegas for the weekend, because Malora had never been, and when she told Titan that on the way to the airport, he said, 'Well, you haven't lived until you've been on the Strip.'

The journey to the Strip was only about fifteen minutes. Malora gazed at the infamous street with wide eyes.

It was an over the top, glamorous fantasy playground, almost like a giant Hollywood movie set with its miniatures of the Sphinx, pyramids, the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Malora even took a photo of the M & M store and sent it to her sister. Malora wondered what she will make of it. Lorena once told her a shocking thing about the gorgeous black torch performer Lena Horne, who was allowed to stay at The Flamingo as long as she was not seen at the casino, restaurants or public areas. When she checked out, her bed sheets and towels were burned.

Over the massive, gold guitar door handles are the words: When this house is rocking, don't bother knocking. Come on in. And it really was rocking in there for Titan. There was no check-in for Titan and Malora.

He was greeted by name by a smiling host and they were quickly and efficiently whisked past the awesome, fifty-five feet digital screen stretched behind the reception desk, straight to the elevator bank and up to the Provocateur penthouse suite.

The Provocateur suite is like no other hotel room Malora have ever been to.

They were greeted by walls covered in black vinyl embossed to look like crocodile skin in the foyer. In that deliberately darkened hallway there is a birdcage, large enough and strong enough to hold a grown man and a whipping cross! With handcuffs!
On their left, silhouettes of naked women start swaying provocatively in the shower as motion sensors pick up their movements. There could be no doubt that the design was fetish orientated and Malora turned to look at Titan.