32 | IN WHICH SHE'S HEART BROKEN

They said it was a miracle that she was alive. When Chatty Cathy gave her the news about her baby, Malora had gone into cardiac arrest and flat lined twice before finally steadying.

It took a week for her to recover.

Lloyd stopped coming to the hospital after Malora refused to speak with him because he withheld important information from her. She hated liars and had no tolerance for them. In his stead, Mika arrived from New York to stay with her.

Malora refused to speak of Titan's betrayal or her unborn child, but she could see the pity looks Mika and the nurses aimed at her when they thought she wasn't looking. It was too much for her. There was also the fact that Lorena's cell haven't been going through. A call to the hospital confirmed that her sister never arrived at the centre in New York.

If she didn't, then where was Lorena and Louis?

Today was finally the day she was being discharged. Mika promised to come and pick her when it was time, but what Malora really wanted was to see Titan. She needed to know that he was going to be fine so she could confront him about his cheating. No woman deserved to be cheated on.

After persuading the doctor, Malora was allowed to wait for Mika in the reception hall while sitting on her wheel chair. She sat there in hopes that she would see anyone remotely close to Titan to ask about his health.

Mika arrived a few minutes earlier than she was supposed to. The sight of her friend's worried face hurrying towards her undid Malora.

'Oh, Mika,' she sobbed. 'It was my fault. I should have waited until we got back from Vegas before saying anything. It was all my fault.'

'Witnesses said the man kept pleading with them to save your life first.' Mika's eyebrows are almost in her hairline.

Malora stopped crying, as she registered what she had not with the shock. He was cold and unemotional. He hardly ever touched her unless he wanted to have sex. Why?

'Why would he do that?' She whispered.

'People only do that for the people they love,' Mika said.

'He-he doesn't love me. If you knew what kind of relationship we have you'd never say that. He must have acted instinctively.'

Mika said nothing. Her eyes were on the door. 'Here comes big brother.'

Malora turned  in the direction Mika was looking at and indeed, it was Titan's brother; he had the same superior air and looked so much like Titan that they could almost pass for twins. He was standing at the door scanning the room. As soon as he spotted them he came over. His surprised eyes slid quickly over the little butterflies climbing on Mika's neck, but he only addressed her, as if he instinctively recognized the type of woman his brother would be interested in.

'I'm Nathaniel Pitts. You must be the one who was with the car with my brother.'

'Yes.'

'What are you doing here?'

She pointed towards the desk. 'They won't tell me anything.'

'What happened on your way back From Vegas?'

'A truck driver ran the red light.' At his raised brow, she quickly added, 'we weren't arguing or anything. In fact, he was mad at me and didn't talk to me, which was why we returned to London on Sunday instead of Monday.'

Nathaniel's face was incredulous. 'Why would he take you to Vegas in the first place? He had an obligation to fulfil.'

An obligation like his fiancee.