6 | IN WHICH SHE'S TRANSFORMED

Malora totally forgot about her appointments, but luckily, Henry came up to get her. Their first stop was a large shopping mall where a woman was awaiting them.

'Hello, I'm Janette Lockhart,' the stylist said, coming forward, her hand held out to Malora.

'Hi,' Malora greeted with a smile.

Janette's eyes were very large, a much deep, blue like Malora's, and were enhanced by false eyelashes that she batted with great effect. Her hair was cut very short around her lovely face. Dressed in a black and white pencil skirt and a pink top, she was effortlessly chic.

'I flew from Paris for this, you know?Mr. Pitts knows how much I love shopping so he asked if I wouldn't mind cutting my holiday short to go shopping with you. Of course I said yes,' she explained with a twinkle in her eyes.

'Cool,' Malora said, some of Janette's enthusiasm already rubbing off on her. Janette was a good change after the meeting with the lawyer, Blake and the monstrous One Hyde Park.

'Mr Pitts mentioned formal attire, beachwear and a pair of new trainers.'

Malora nodded. Wow, he remembered the trainers. The man was thorough.

'Do you want a coffee or tea or shall we hit the road?'

'Hit the road.'

They walked together to the lift. Janette called it and turned to her. 'Do you have any specific shops or do you want to leave it to me?'

Malora bit back a chuckle at that. She'd never gone on a shopping spree in all of her twenty-three years. Besides, this was a different store than what she was used to.

'You decide everything.'

And that turned out to be an excellent decision as Janette proved to be an expert shopping companion. She knew exactly where to go to get what.

Their first stop was Fenty. Janette guided Malora toward a cosmetics counter.

'This girl is a genius. She can make a chimp look sexy, so listen carefully to her advice,' she said about a sweet-looking lady standing behind the counter called Miranda.

Malora was popped on a high stool, given a hand mirror and taught how to make the best of her make-up.

'Have you ever tried wearing waterproof mascara?' Janette asked smoothly. Her face was innocent, but it was clear that Titan had mentioned something about her smudged mascara.

Together the three of them chose seven lipsticks, some sparkly eyeliner, cream blusher and waterproof mascara.

'Now to the perfume department,' directed Janette. 'Something terribly exotic to go with your dark hair and gorgeous eyes.'

Afterwards, Henry dropped them off at the front entrance of Harrods. Malora had never been inside before, but Janette seemed to know her way around, and they quickly made for the first floor where they picked up what Janette called the basics: three white blouses and four plain black leather trousers and three leather skirts. They walked out of the side entrance of Harrods on the east side and entered Rigby and Peller.

Janette had made Malora an appointment for a fitting. The woman who called Malora into the changing room was middle-aged with large, strong hands.

'Most women are walking around in the wrong bra size,' she said, and made Malora bend over while she fitted her with a bra. It turned out so was she. Malora was not a 34A but a 32B. When she had chosen the designs she wanted Janette flashed her company credit card. Malora's face would have been a bright red had she been fair skinned, when she remembered the black card Blake gave her. She'd deliberately left it at the apartment along with the drug dealer phone.