28 | IN WHICH SHE READS MIND

He smiled. 'Perfect. As you're not sure whether closing your legs is a privilege or a punishment, I have one more request.'

'Yes?'

He opened a small compartment in the back of the front seat and pulled out an ornate box. He flipped open the lid, and Malora could see a pair of glass silver beads, they were larger with more swirls and colors inside them.

'Have you heard of these strings of beads?' he asked mildly, tilting the box at an angle so that the light glinted off the glass.

'I've heard of them, but I wasn't sure they were a real thing.'

'Quite real.' He held the box toward her. 'Traditionally they are for one thing.'

'Female stimulation?' Malora guessed.

'Insertion,' he said, his voice roughened by desire.

'Oh.' She swallowed. Malora took the box. 'Is it one per. . .opening?'

'I wouldn't recommend anal insertion right now,' he said, as if he were trying to sound quite reasonable. 'You're less lubricated there, and things can get lost that way.'

Oh. Malora hadn't even thought of that. Really there was only one thought in her mind, anyway. She reached between her legs, not daring to hesitate, spreading her lips with one hand to keep them out of the way. The bead slid easily inside of her, much more easily than she'd imagined it would, given the size. It largest bead was extremely hard and smooth. Malora's body seemed to suck it in deeper. After a moment, she could longer felt it, except when she slid a finger inside her and touched it with the fingertip. It seemed quite snug where it was, and she tightened her muscles around it. 'Should I do them both?'

'I think one is plenty for a beginner,' he said. 'You did very well.'

Malora beamed under his praise and wriggled a bit, then gasped as the movement of her body renewed the sensation of something inside her. Those sixteenth-century glass bead maker were onto something.

'Your scent intoxicates me,' he whispered. He took her gently by the wrist and pressed her still-slick fingertips to his nose. He took a deep breath, then rubbed them on his upper lip, back and forth a few times before sucking them into his mouth. His tongue cleaned each fingertip and made Malora's clit throb harder.

Then he let her go and indicated she should sit up and arrange herself and her clothes. 'We're nearly there.'

'Nearly where?'

'Somewhere to eat.' He inhaled through his nose and licked his lips. 'But no matter what I'm eating, I'll be tasting you instead.'

*

The car came to a stop. The driver got out and a few moments later opened the door on her side. He didn't hold out a hand to help her up but instead bowed with a flourish.

Malora emerged from the car to find them at the valet parking stand of a high-rise building. Several white-jacketed valets flanked the glass door, and one of them opened it for her.

None of the men seemed at all dismayed that I was dressed like an extra in a music video or that I wobbled slightly on my unfamiliar shoes and shaking legs. The Ben Wa ball shifted inside me as I walked, while the sensation of it sinking in, pushing apart my walls as it penetrated, was fresh in my mind.

He caught up to me with a loose arm behind my back, steering me not to the elevator but to the host stand outside the entrance to the restaurant, off to one sideof the large, marble vestibule.

Once there, Malora could see the restaurant was built into an atrium, with a high glass ceiling and a water feature that turned one wall into a giant Zen fountain. They were quickly ushered to a table tucked away in a nook from which we could see the other diners, but most of the patrons could not see them.