29 | IN WHICH SHE GIVES HIM A GIFT. . .OF HERSELF

Titan had dropped Malora at the hotel and left immediately without a word about his whereabouts. She walked up to the elevator on slightly shaky legs, her breaths coming out in choppy pants.

After she'd showered and changed into one of the many lingerie Titan bought for her, she settled down to call Mika but her friend didn't pick up this time. So, Malora had the time to think about how to repay Titan for the wonderful night he gave her and all his gifts, when an idea suddenly came to her mind.

She went into what she'd dubbed The Room Of Kink and stopped at the single pole in the middle of the room. She'd had lessons before she got the job at Damien Gold's company, thinking she'd work at a strip club to earn enough to keep their family afloat, it ended up being useless anyway. At least that was what she thought before she met Titan.

She set about setting up the room and the mood for what she was about to do.

*

Malora sent him a text to wait in their bedroom when he arrived. She heard him arrive around a little past one while she was in the bathroom.

Tonight Malora only cared that Titan would like what he saw. Tonight she was a vase. To be filled and used.

Malora brushed her hair and left the glossy strands carelessly tumbling down her back. Tonight would see her painting her body. . .for him.

First, she adorned her mouth with scarlet, braced her body in a red bikini, and then she tied a red velvet ribbon around her neck, tight enough so it constricted her throat slightly. With a brush and black eyeliner Malora drew a mole to bewitch just above her top lip.

But when she looked at herself in the mirror, Malora saw nothing but the too tight ribbon, a strangely erotic gash of red. It told its own story: the tale of a naive girl who became a woman at the hands of a selfless man—a man who put her pleasure before his own.

She pulled on the thigh-length black boots that she'd brough with her from London and tied the black ribbons that held them in place.

Now they would see if what he had taught her was enough to seduce the man she wanted.

Malora slipped on a toweling robe and crossed the silent room.

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. —Matthew, 3:19

Malora stood in front of the door of  The Room Of Kink, left slightly ajar. She took a deep breath and pushed it open. The lights were dimmed. He had taken off his tie, opened some buttons, and was laying in bed waiting for her. He turned his face to watch her. For a moment Malora was floored. He had made the bed with the red satin sheets that she ordered.

Malora closed the door and flicked on the fourth switch from the left. A spotlight illuminated the pole. His eyes swung to the pole then back to her as she walked to the stereo system. The CD she chose was still there, on top, untouched. She slipped it in and walked towards the bed. His gaze was locked on her. Malora was sleeping before he came. She was awake now. Unsmiling, she let her robe slip from her and fell around her boots.

The music came on. El tango de Roxanne.

First the piano then the dramatic wails of the violin. A loud clap. More melodious violins. Then the voice, more raspy than sandpaper snarled: The man who falls in love with her. First there is desire. Then. Suspicion. Then. Anger. Betrayal. Jealousy, yes, jealousy will drive you, will drive you, will drive you MAD!

Malora began to walk towards the pole, her stride as strong and sleek as a Spanish dancer. A temptress.

She reached the pole and, as the throaty rasp roared Rooxannnnne, she executed a perfect cartwheel and grasping the pole hard, threw herself into such an energetic low spin that it made her hair fly into her face. Malora landed on her legs open wide, almost in a crawl and facing the pole. Flipping backwards, the palms of her hands flat on the floor, she used her legs shaped into a V to hook and pull herself back onto the pole. With both hands she began to climb it.