020

🕸

Ricky stressed the hell out of Peter--even to the point where if he spotted a white hair at the age of twenty-one, Ricky would be the one to blame. But that didn't stop Peter from leaving everything to him if things got wrong. His Spider suit, webshooters, and especially Edith. Only to hope he used it responsibly.

Ricky opened the case, revealing the Edith glasses. He noticed a small note underneath them and immediately recognized Peter's handwriting:

FOR THE NEXT SPIDER-MAN, I TRUST YOU.

PS. SAY EDITH

     --- YOUR BROTHER, PETER

He was shaking as he put on the glasses, letting out a breath as he said it aloud. "Edith?"

"Stand by for retinol and biometric scan-retinol and biometric scan accepted." The female voice said.

Ricky furrowed his eyebrows. "Um, hello?"

"Hello, Ricky. I am Edith. I was designed by Peter Parker for Ricky Parker."

"Peter made you for me?"

"Of course. Would you like to know what I can do?"

"Yes."

"EDITH stands for Even Dead I'm The Hero. Peter was finally able to come up with his own acronym after Tony." She said which made Ricky smile. "I am able to work alongside and aid you in your duties. I am not only available to you through the glasses but through your new suit that Peter had specifically made for you. I can do more for you in the suit but the glasses are really helpful when you are not out on missions."

Ricky was impressed, remembering the many times Peter was "busy" and he had rolled his eyes, never knowing that it was EDITH he was working so much time on. His thoughts were interrupted with her voice again. "Peter left you a message. Would you like to see it?"

He frowned. "Don't you mean hear it? How would I see–"

His room suddenly lit up, making him fall back in surprise as he saw Peter's hologram in front of him. Peter smiled at him having his arms behind him. "Hey, little brother. By the time you get this message, I'm pretty sure you would have figured everything out by now. You're probably pissed, confused, upset--I would've been the same way if I found out my bestfriend killed my brother." Ricky watched him move around in amazement, as if he was actually there in his bedroom. "You're probably wondering how you're able to see me right now...and it's all thanks to EDITH and Tony, of course but I never gave him the real reason why I did it. He would've said I was insane. But I knew a letter wasn't going to help you at all since you are a visual learner so here you go. I made sure to leave special messages to those I loved the most--Michelle, Aunt May, you, and-" Peter never mentioned the last person, Ricky thinking it was some sort of glitch. "Anyways, I knew Roman always had something against me, blaming me for the deaths of Norman and Harry Osborn, something he never understood and didn't even want to no matter how many times I've tried."

Ricky remembered wanting to comfort Roman when his own brother died, but that only led to him shutting him out and changing completely when they thought he had recovered. It was no wonder Peter didn't want Ricky hanging out with him anymore.

"I knew he wouldn't stop until I felt what he felt--losing your brother. So, I was more protective of you than ever, and by the time you see this message you would have known what I was talking about. But I would have rather it be me than you, okay? Someone had to carry on my legacy, right?" Peter gave him a faint smile. "I love you and I am so proud of you. I could only hope that becoming Spider-Man has changed you and for the good. For May and Michelle's sake, please." He laughed.

Ricky nodded, whispering. "I have."

"Years of teaching and raising you has led you to this. Don't forget what you learned but most importantly, despite all the anger inside of you, don't forget who Spider-Man is. It's always been me and you and there wouldn't be anyone else I would have passed this on to. I trust you, I always have. I see this spark in you, it's amazing. Whatever you choose to do with it, you'll be great. It's your time to avenge me. I love you to infinity and beyond. Never forget that."

Ricky couldn't help but laugh at Peter's corny joke that he would think was cringe, but now looking back on it, it suddenly made him tear up. Peter's hologram suddenly went away as soon as he gave him the biggest smile, Ricky feeling lonely once again.

NOTE!

if you actually payed attention, peter stops himself from saying a name that will actually make sense in the second book...so look out for that! any guesses on who it might be?

only about two chapters left btw which makes me so sad but also so excited for the sequel 🧍🏻‍♀️( think i'm really the only one excited for it )

thanks for reading