011

🕸

Ricky approached Tony sticking out his hand to shake his before Tony immediately pulled him into a hug. "What, did you suddenly forget who I am?" Ricky gave him a smile before following him into his home.

He greeted Pepper and their fraternal twins, Nebula and Nash. They immediately dropped their toys and ran towards him, Ricky opening his arms for the both of them to run into while he let out an 'oof' from them trying their best to knock him down and succeeding. "Woah, you guys have gotten alot stronger since I've last seen you huh? Been lifting weights?"

"Nope!" Nash laughed. "We're just really strong! See?" He tried trying his best to flex the muscles he didn't have.

"Can you come play with us?" Nebula pouted, pulling his hand to get Ricky to join them in the living room.

Pepper came up behind Nebula, caressing her hair. "I'm sure Ricky would love to play with you both but right now he has to talk with Daddy so why don't you let him go with him, okay?"

Ricky promised the kids that he would play with them a bit before he left as he Pepper took Nash and Nebula to the front yard. Tony walked into the living room, holding two glasses of juice. "What brings you here to my home, Ricky? I'm not saying I don't want you here but the last time you visited, Pepper and I came to see Nash and Nebula covered in mud from head to toe."

Ricky laughed. It was six months ago and he was babysitting to earn some money for a new game that had just been released. Since Ricky was bored and it was raining, he took the kids outside to play in the mud. Pepper and Tony got home before he even had the chance to give them a bath. "Even when I apologized, I never got a call to take care of them again."

Tony watched as Ricky suddenly got serious and asked again. "I'm sure you didn't just come here to reminisce...What did you really come here for, Ricky?"

Pulling off the backpack straps off his shoulders, Ricky unzipped it as he pulled off the box he found the other day, placing it on the table in the middle of them. Tony furrowed his eyebrows. "What is this? Why do you have a shoebox?"

"Where were you the night Peter died?" Ricky blurted out.

Tony opened his mouth to speak but the words didn't seem to come out. Ricky continued. "Witnesses say they saw seven people, some think that it was the sinister six, but who was the seventh person? Was it you?"

"No. No, it wasn't." Tony sighed. "But I was supposed to be there but he didn't want me to."

"You've been there for him multiple times before...even when he didn't want you to be there. How was that night any different?"

"Ricky-"

"It was one person against seven other people, why didn't you go and help him?" Ricky stood up and Tony followed.

"You knew how he was! But I shouldn't have ever listened to him, I knew I shouldn't have and I'm sorry-"

Ricky ran his hands through his hair, tearing up as he turned to look at Tony. "He was out there with no help and now I lost my brother and my niece or nephew doesn't have a father because of it."

"What?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows, shocked. "Michelle's pregnant?"

Ricky nodded. He looked around, avoiding eye contact with Tony. "I have to do what I have to because of them. They deserve it...and I deserve to face the people who did this to Peter." He walked past Tony to retrieve his things before walking past him again to leave. "Tell Pepper and the kids I said goodbye. I'm sorry."

NOTE!

are you guys still enjoying this book? /: because i am but idk if you all feel the sameeeee