013

🕸

Ricky slowly blinked his eyes open, being awaken by his phone ringing but suddenly realizing...he was on the ceiling of his bedroom. "What the fu-" He screamed, falling down onto his bed. He sat up confused, wondering how in the world he ended up on the ceiling.

"Ricky? Honey, are you okay?" Aunt May exclaimed. "I heard you scream." She continued to knock before Ricky spoke up.

"I'm fine May, Roman just sent me a...scary video." He jumped out of bed, knowing that May would not leave until actually seeing if he was alright. He twisted the knob-breaking it in the process. He quickly tried to fix it but May had given him a strange look.

"Did you just break the door?!"

"No! It was already like that but I just broke it even more." He lied. Ricky watched as May stepped into his room, eyeing him while he moved away-too afraid to touch her without the risk of hurting her. "Did you need anything?"

"Gwen called me to see if you had made it home safely last night. I haven't heard from her since the funeral, is there a reason why she would ask? Were you with her?"

May waited for him to respond as she did his bed while Ricky questioned what she had on. "Why are you wearing your work clothes? It's Tuesday, you don't work at the clinic Tuesdays."

May placed the folded blanket at the edge of his bed while making his way towards him. He tried backing up but she grabbed his face. "It's Wednesday, Ricky. You told me you were staying over at Roman's and then I get a call from Gwen saying if you made it home safely so what am I supposed to believe? What were you doing? Did you drink?"

"I was with-" Ricky mumbled, trying to get the words out. "I was with Gwen. But that was after hanging out with Roman. I didn't drink a single drop of alcohol, you can smell me, there's nothing. She invited me out to eat and I couldn't say no because she's also my friend."

May deeply sighed, reaching up to run a hand through his hair before disheveling it. "You know I like that you go out to see your friends and distract yourself from Peter's death but...we're all we have left. I would love for you to come to me if you ever feel sad or just need absolutely anything. I may be old but-"

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes, pulling her close. "I'm sorry for not telling you where I had gone. The last thing I want to do is make you anxious or worried so I'll make sure to tell you where I go, okay?"

Ricky kissed the top of her head, remembering all the moments he had seen May embrace with uncle Ben when they found about their parent's accident, seen May embrace with Peter when Ben had died and now here he was-embracing each other because there was no one else.

NOTE!

if you missed this book-hi, i'm back. no one commented on the last chapter so that was why i stopped writing because i thought my writing was awful ? idk but whether you like this book or not, i'm going to continue writing 👍🏼

but leaving a few comments wouldn't hurt-