001

🕸

ONE WEEK AGO . . .

RICKY EXPECTED THE WORST. As he sat in front of his principal, Mr. Newman, while he waited for an angry Aunt May to storm in his office and scream at his face no matter how of an embarrassment it would be. Or Peter-who would nod and agree that Ricky was worst student he's ever had his 36 years of being at Central High School. Ricky all while giving him a death glare. But it was neither of them. It was Peter's wife, Michelle, much to Ricky's surprise. She knocked on the half open door before Mr. Newman welcomed her in. "Hello, Miss...?"

"Mrs. Parker." Michelle corrected him. "Michelle Parker. I'm the wife of Richard's older brother, Peter. Neither him or their aunt were able to make it here due to their jobs but since I am on the emergency contact card...I felt that it was right for me to come for him. What did he do this time?" She sighed, glaring at him.

Mr. Newman offered her a seat beside Ricky as he took his behind his desk. "Mr. Parker decided that it would be funny to pretend to cut his finger off while his science class were dissecting an animal. His actions resulted in the whole classroom going into a panic and two students fainting with seeing the fake blood going everywhere," Ricky snickered, causing Michelle to elbow him. "Many of his teachers and myself are tired of his pranks that he's been pulling for the past three years. I gave him warnings, but he just won't listen! I know his brother, Peter, very well and know how much of an excellent student he was-Mrs. Parker, this is his senior year, I had thought he would change and become mature but we can all see he hasn't. I don't want him to miss walking on stage at graduation...but if he keeps acting like this-"

Michelle raised her hand to stop him. "I'll make sure to let Peter and his aunt know what he did, they'll talk it out together. For now, I apologize for his actions and I really hope the students feel better soon. It was nice seeing you again, Mr. Newman."

They shook hands before Ricky put on his jacket while grabbing his bag. "You're a good kid, Ricky. I know you are...Peter was one of my best students, I thought you would have followed in his footsteps but I could see that you haven't."

Ricky ignored him, already walking ahead of Michelle before she came and grabbed his arm to slow him down. "We've known each other for how many years? Six years? What did I tell you about calling me Richard? I go by Ricky now!"

Michelle huffed, smacking the back of his head. "Is that any way of thanking me? You're lucky it was me who picked up the phone and not Aunt May or Peter. We both know how they would get."

They walked towards her car before seeing Peter's car pull up beside hers. "Here we go..." Ricky rolled his eyes already knowing how Peter would react as soon as he saw the way he got out of the car.

Michelle stood in front of Ricky before smiling at Peter who gave her a kiss while he tried to pass her to get to Ricky. "Hey, hon, I got everything settled here you don't need to worry. How did the fight with the Rhino go?"

"What the hell did you do this time?"

"Listen, Pete, before you start screaming at my face, I know what you're going to say. How you're disappointed in me, how you wish I was like you...let me save your breath, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt my classmates I just wanted to scare them." Ricky sighed, walking over to Michelle's car before Peter stopped him.

"No, you're coming with me. Thank Michelle for coming to get you and get in the car." Ricky looked at him and he could swear he never seen him this way. Yep, he was dead.

Ricky pulled his arm back, not once breaking eye contact with him when he walked over to Michelle. He smiled at her. "Thank you for coming. I'll see you back at home. By the way, if something happens to me...you know who did it."

Michelle smacked his arm playfully as she watched him walk towards Peter's car. Ricky slammed the door harder than usual, looking at the side mirror to see Peter's reaction. Michelle and Peter talked a bit outside before they said their goodbyes before seperating into different cars.

Peter waited for Michelle to drive ahead of him before following behind her. "I hope you know that I apologized to my classmates. I really didn't mean to hurt them and I didn't mean to cause all of this."

"You don't mean to do anything anymore, Ricky," Peter said, gripping his fist on the wheel. "I just want to know when the hell are you gonna grow up? Yeah, your pranks were funny and all when you were younger but you're seventeen now. You're in your senior year, the year you take things seriously, the year you try to figure out who you want to be in life-you do know there's going to be a time when you have to stop all this, right? You're going to drive Aunt May and I insane for the rest of our lives."

Ricky leaned his head back as he looked out the window. He suddenly felt Peter's arm on his shoulder. "I want you to be better than me, Ricky. I want to see you graduate high school, go to college, graduate from college-I know if Mom and Dad were still around, they'd say the same thing."

Ricky agreed. Ever since their sudden deaths when he had only been a year old, they had moved in with their Uncle Ben and Aunt May. After Uncle Ben had died, Peter had to step up to be the man of the house at such a young age. "I'll try my best to have you see me graduate from high school, alright?

Peter didn't say anything but squeeze his shoulder when Ricky winced in pain. "Maybe instead of playing pranks you should hit the gym." He laughed

Ricky rolled his eyes, punching his shoulder. "I hope the Rhino kicks your ass next time."

NOTE!

sorry its taken me forever to publish the first chapter but here it is...ENJOY!!