012

🕸

Ricky entered the building of Oscorp, showing his badge to the guard in front before passing through security check, immediately being met by Peter's ex-girlfriend. She sighed as she crossed her arms. "Hello, Gwen."

"What are you doing here, Ricky?" She turned around to walk back to her portable office while Ricky followed close behind. "I thought you weren't allowed back in here after you went in where I remember specifically telling you not to go into."

Ricky remembered. He had managed to enter one of the rooms Gwen told him he wasn't allowed to enter. He did anyways while finding out that Peter's bestfriend, Harry Osborn, was once the Green Goblin and who was the one that was after him trying to avenge his father's death. "I did find out Peter's bestfriend was actually an asshole, right? If I didn't go in there, I wouldn't have figured it out."

Peter never believed him and was pissed that he had went in somewhere he wasn't supposed to. That was until he fought Harry and witnessed his death even when Peter still tried to save him. After carrying Harry's body home for his butler to find him, he quickly swung home and hugged his brother. From that day forward, Peter never doubted him.

"So what are you doing here this time?" She stopped walking to turn to him. "I know you're not just here to see me, I know you-"

Ricky shook his head, hurt. "What, I can't visit you now? I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner sometime-"

Gwen waved her hands in front of her to stop talking. "No, No, No...this is where I stop you. I'm five years older than you and I have a girlfriend now."

Ricky looked around before pulling Gwen into the janitor's room. He turned on the light while he found her confused and far away from him. "Listen, I don't want to go out with you and I'm happy for you but that's not what I'm here for. But since you work here, I think you might be able to give me what I need."

Gwen took a sigh of relief before nervously chuckling. "Oh. Oh, okay." She came up in front of him. "Well then, what do you need?"

"The venom of the same spider who bit Peter."

"Are you-are you insane?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "No, I can't do that."

Ricky clenched his jaw, reaching for the note in his back pocket. "It was what Peter wanted. He's had this note for me for whoever knows how long," He handed her the note. "I was there when he died. He told me it was my turn and before I thought it meant I was supposed to be the one to take care of Aunt May and Michelle but it wasn't just that."

"He wants you to become the next Spider-Man?" She sighed, putting the note back into his hands. "No. Not only would that get me into so much trouble and probably cause me to lose my job but, Ricky-it's you, we're talking about here. After Peter and I broke up, you and May have still been so nice to me and I can't do that to you and especially not to May. She's already gone through so much."

"I know." He lowered his head. "But I can't continue my life until I find out who did this to Peter. Whoever did this to him needs to pay. I need to find out who and I need to find out why. Please, Gwen. You're my last hope."

She groaned, leaning her head back. "Peter was the best boyfriend for the little time we had together and it hurt me to find out of his passing. But I remember how much you two loved each other and how he would do anything to keep you safe and protected. This is difficult for me to do because I love you like my own brother and I will never forgive myself if anything happened to me but if you're doing this to get back at whoever caused Peter's death-then I'm going to help you."

Ricky took a sigh of relief, before he pulled her in for a hug. "Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me. I promise the next time I come, I'll bring you a cake."

She laughed, patting his back. "You'll be doing me a favor if you don't step back in here or stand a hundred feet away from this building. Don't take this personal but after that last incident, you give me anxiety."

They exited the janitor's closet one by one to not cause any wandering eyes before he followed her into the elevator. "What floor, please?" The digital lady on the small screen spoke aloud.

Gwen carefully looked over at Ricky before speaking. "Underground."

The elevator doors closed before making its way down. Ricky crossed his arms, squinting at Gwen. "There's an underground? Why didn't you tell me about that?"

"You almost got me fired once - did you really think I would tell you about this?" She smirked. "I'm also not really allowed to be down here so you better not speak a word about this to anyone!"

Ricky held his hands up in surrender as the elevator made a ding sound while the doors opened. The room was dark blue and extremely cold as he shoved his hands in his pockets, looking around to see Mr. Osborn's many unfinished projects.

"Ricky, hurry up will you?" Gwen whisper yelled causing Ricky to see how quickly she was walking as he made his way towards her. "Peter was bitten by the spider over five years ago but since then, they've destroyed some of the spiders-"

"So we came down here for nothing...?"

"You didn't let me finish," Gwen rolled her eyes, pulling a small bottle from behind her. "I said they destroyed some of the spiders - not all. They extracted the venom out of one of them and they've kept it in here all these years...I have no idea why." She grabbed a needle and syringe from a cabinet nearby and got everything ready. All that was needed was to poke Ricky with the needle. "Anyways, are you ready?"

Ricky slowly rolled up his sleeve, looking away. "Y-Yeah, um I'm ready."

Gwen lowered the needle, keeping a straight face. "You don't sound like you're ready, you're scared I could hear it in your voice. I can't do this if you're like this. Can you try to calm down?"

"I said I was ready!"

"But you're not! I'm not going to poke you with the needle until you know you're ready."

Ricky sighed. "I'm fine, I'm relaxed, I'm-" Gwen suddenly poked him in the arm without a warning. She shushed him while Ricky desperately tried to let out a curse word from the pain.

Gwen carefully pulled out the needle as she finished, looking into Ricky's eyes. "It's been done."

NOTE!

I'M SO EXCITED GUYS & IF YOU AREN'T I'M GOING TO FEEL LIKE A FAILURE SMH 😤

pls don't forget to vote
and comment bb's