008

🕸

The home that was once filled with laughter and happiness had now turned silent and cold with only the clanking of forks against the plates. Michelle and Ricky sat across from each other while Aunt May sat on one end while staring at the empty seat in front of her-which was Peter's.

Aunt May had still tried to cheer herself up along with Ricky and Michelle by doing their regular family festivities but it didn't feel the same without Peter. And that was something they would have to get used to.

Ricky returned to school once he felt somewhat better. He received a kiss on the cheek from Aunt May, who was also returning to work as a nurse. "If you don't feel well, you know you can always call me and I'll come pick you up as soon as I can."

He knew from the way she said things, she too was trying to heal from his passing. They all weren't ready to continue with their daily routine without Peter. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he leaned over to embrace her in a hug. "Thanks, May. I love you."

He pulled away, forcing a smile before exiting the vehicle as he walked up to the front gate of the school, classmates already staring as soon as he walked in. He ignored them, pushing past to walk into the building to his first class before he was pulled aside.

"Hey," Natalia sighed, cupping his face to look him in the eyes before embracing him in a hug. "I'm so sorry about your brother. We all had no idea...that he was Spider-Man."

Luciana was next to hug him while Roman looked at him sadly before it was his turn to hug him. "Did you know? That Peter was Spider-Man?"

Ricky nodded. "I've known since the start. He didn't like the fact that I knew who he was due to my safety and that's why I never told all of you."

"We went by your house the other day when we found out you had been released from the hospital to make sure how you were. Your Aunt said you had taken it alot worse so we understood."

Natalia held his arm while her girlfriend was on the other side of him with Roman following closely behind.

"I heard your brother was that Spider guy," One shouted, Ricky immediately recognizing his voice. It was Sam-his former bully since grade school. But Ricky knew how to defend himself thanks to Peter. "It's too bad about what happened to him."

Ricky cleared his throat before looking up to give a small smile. As soon as he turned his head, Sam spoke again. "Or maybe not. He wasn't as good a superhero as the rest of the Avengers anyways."

"Sam, shut up!" Natalia rolled her eyes.

Ricky pulled away from Natalia, turning around to face Sam. "What'd you say? I couldn't quite hear you with all this noise."

"I said I'm glad your brother's dead-" Ricky cut him off by punching him straight in the noise, taking Sam by surprise who stumbled onto the floor. "That's it!"

Sam tackled Ricky onto the floor, punching his face as the group of students surrounded them-obviously enjoying that a fight was happening so early in the morning.

"Ricky, stop!" Natalia screamed before turning to Roman. "Don't just stand here! Get in there and help him!"

Roman scoffed, seeing as Ricky was now on top throwing multiple punches at Sam before having his hands at his throat. "Ricky's got this. It's Sam I'm worried about."