010

🕸

May couldn't seem to understand why in the world Michelle would leave, especially after them losing Peter. Ricky turned to calm May down as he walked past her. "I know where she could've gone. Where are your keys?" He said to her as he went back into his room to grab his shoes. As he walked out the room only wearing one shoe while stumbling to put the other one on.

"I'm going with you." May said, quickly removing her apron she hadn't realized she was still wearing. Ricky immediately stopped her. "You're not coming with me, May. I'll talk to her, I know she'll listen to me. If you come with me, I'm sorry but you're just going to make things more difficult."

He snatched the keys from her hands before she could even say a word. "I'm sorry, I love you!" He blew her a kiss as he unlocked her car, entering the driver's side as he turned it on, immediately putting it in reverse. He sped once he put it in drive while he drove to Michelle's old apartment.

Michelle lived in her own apartment once she turned eighteen, relieved to finally be away from her parents. Ricky recalled Peter bringing him over when they were dating. He would enjoy playing with Michelle's pet snake and watch all the scary movies she had while she and Peter enjoyed their time together. Peter and Michelle would sometimes join him in watching the movies while Peter made sure to stay the hell away from the snake.

"Em, you could've gotten a dog, a hamster, a fuckin' parrot-" Peter once said, keeping a close eye on Ricky while he held the snake in his hands. "But you decided to own a snake?"

"Flash said that I didn't have the balls to buy a snake and you know I don't let anyone prove me wrong...so, I got him. His name is Jack, named after Jack the Ripper. He's an okeetee corn snake and he's not venomous at all, don't worry. Ricky seems to love him," Michelle grinned at him before looking at Ricky. "Tell you what Ricky, I could give Jack to you for free if you want-"

"No." Peter had glared at her, shaking his head. "No, I won't allow it. That thing is not coming into our house!"

"C'mon, Peter, please? He'll stay in my room, you won't even see him."

Peter nervously chuckled. "That's what I'm afraid of...I won't even see him. What if he escapes his cage and climbs into my bed while I'm sleeping? Nope, Ricky, put him down."

Ricky deeply sighed before doing what he said as he put Jack back into his cage. Michelle watched Peter leave into the living room before she came to Ricky's side. "Don't listen to him. I'll give you Jack when he's off doing Spidey duties."

He smiled at her.

Ricky never got Jack. He had mysteriously slithered away and Michelle lost hope in ever finding him. They both thought Peter had something to do with it so Ricky wouldn't keep him.

He finally made it to Michelle's apartment complex, grabbing the remote that May still had to open the gate. He quickly parked the car and got out, hurriedly running up the steps to her door.

"Michelle?" He knocked once. He patted his pants, wishing he remembered to grab her old keys. "Michelle, it's Ricky, can you please open the door?"

Ricky knocked two more times before Michelle opened the first door. "What are you doing here, Ricky?"

"I saw your note. I had to make sure you were okay. What happened? Why did you leave? This morning you were fine-"

"I'm still fine. There was no reason for you to come all this way. This was just something I had to do. Please just understand my decision."

"Not without talking with you first." Ricky cleared his throat. "And I mean, not with this door between us. Can you let me in?"

Michelle was a bit hesitant before unlocking her door and letting him in, quickly turning around to walk away from him. Ricky stepped inside as he looked around, seeing her furniture still the same as she had left it. But she had her big suitcase in the middle of it all.

He looked over at Michelle who had sat down at the kitchen table, pushing the seat in front of her out with her foot so he could sit. "You had no reason to leave you know."

"There was." She nodded.

"Well, can you tell me? Because you invited me out for breakfast this morning and you seemed fine, and then May is freaking out that she sees you're not home and I'm trying to calm her down-why the hell did you leave?"

Michelle let out a deep breath, her eyes getting watery but she still smiled at him. "Listen, I'm so sorry if I upset you and May but I just...couldn't stay there. If I stayed it was obviously because of Peter, but now I don't want to be such a bother-"

Ricky scoffed. "Why in the world would you be a bother? You've been in our life for so many years and May and I love you! The day you married Peter was the day you got stuck with us so you can't really get out of it so easily."

"I'm a widow, Ricky."

"You're still a Parker. You're still my sister." He smiled, reaching for her hand. "Please come back home."

Michelle cried out suddenly as she closed her eyes. "I have something to tell you, Ricky. I really tried to hold it in until a few months passed...but its something I can't hide."

Ricky frowned. "What is it?"

"I-I wish this was under different circumstances but I guess some things don't go as planned...and I just wish I could've told Peter before he passed away. Now I don't know what how I'm going to do this without him."

"Well, what? What is it?"

"...I'm pregnant."

Ricky sat back in his chair, shocked. "Are you serious? How? Wait-ignore that, I know how. When did you find out? Are you serious?!"

Michelle nodded. "Do you remember when I was feeling sick? I was pregnant by then and now experiencing the symptoms. I decided to take a pregnancy test when Peter wasn't around and they both came out positive. Just to be sure I made a doctors appointment and she told me the same thing."

Ricky swallowed, suddenly nervous to ask her the next question. "Did Peter know before he...?"

"I never got the chance to tell him." Michelle sobbed and Ricky immediately stood up from his seat to embrace her. "I was planning to tell him after he dropped you off the night he died, but he never came home. He would've been so happy we were expecting."

Ricky silently nodded, rubbing her back as she ruined the front of his shirt. Peter would've been happy. Would've been so freaking excited that he was going to be a father. He remembered when Peter had been so upset that the tests would come out negative after so many tries. Now Michelle's pregnant and Peter wasn't here to celebrate with her. "I'm going to help you with the baby. You don't have to worry about a thing, alright? You still have me."

He leaned down to kiss the top of her head as he held her. Peter would've wanted him to take care of Michelle and that's exactly what he was going to continue to do.

But he first had to avenge his brother.

NOTE!

IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS TO READ WHAT I HAVE PLANNED OMGGGG 👁👄👁 pls don't forget to vote && comment, adios!