014

🕸

f l a s h b a c k

Peter tackled Ricky from behind, both falling to the ground while he had his arm around his neck while Ricky tried his best to escape his grasp while a concerned May and Michelle looked at the boys. "Someone has you in this position-what do you do?"

Ricky's face turned red, gasping for air tapping Peter's arm while May hurried over, screaming at Peter to let him go. He immediately did, shaking his head as he watched Ricky cough. "You've forgotten everything I taught you."

"How could I? You scared the shit out of me, coming up from behind me like that."

"That's how the bad guys are gonna get you," Peter explained. "When you least expect it. I had my hold on you and luckily let go before you passed out, but they're not going to do that to you. They won't let go until you're dead. I've said this to you many times before-"

Ricky sat in the seat across from Michelle who playfully rolled his eyes while Peter kept rambling on. "Pete, I know I will never be in that position, you know why? Spider-Man has my back. Thanks to him, I make it home safe."

"Is that why Spider-Man forgot to bring the strawberry cheesecake?" May raised an eyebrow.

Peter widened his eyes, carefully placing the fork down. "I knew I had something else to do-"

"Michelle had already gone to get it, don't worry," May smiled at him. "I'll let you off the hook, but only because you made sure your brother came home safe. You've been so protective of him, even as kids you know. Hopefully it continues when you're both older."

"Yeah, instead of webs Peter would use a cane." Ricky smirked, taking a swig of the lemonade Michelle had made before Peter smacked the back of his head, causing a bit to spill. "I can't wait until you end up in a retirement home."

"Why? So you could visit me everyday?" Peter laughed. "Admit it Ricky, you'd miss me too much you'll visit me everyday."

e n d o f f l a s h b a c k

Ricky quickly wiped away his tears as he looked down at Peter's grave that was in between of his parents. "No matter where you would have gone I would have visited you...only I so badly wish it was the retirement home and not here..but I guess things don't go exactly according to plan, right?"

Sitting down, he quietly picked at the grass in front of him but immediately stopped, not wanting Peter's grave to be the worst one here. "I did what you told me thanks to Gwen. May and Michelle obviously don't know about it and I'm planning to keep it that way...I don't want them to worry. I'll figure out who did this to you, Pete, I promise."

He suddenly heard the sound of police sirens, hearing the noise from far away but was getting closer by the second. "I guess it's my turn to do all this, right? Wish me luck guys."

NOTE!

flashbacks are gonna be a huge deal throughout this book with ricky remembering everything peter showed him & i'm just so excited to write about it 🥺

pls don't forget to vote and comment, it would really mean alot!!!