022

🕸

MONTHS LATER . . .

Mateo Peter Parker. A name Peter had thought of when he was young when he was trying to help his parents with names for Ricky. Born only a day before Ricky's high school graduation, and with Michelle still being in the hospital, she knew she wasn't going to miss it. Aunt May screamed in excitement as Ricky came running towards her in his cap and gown as he held the diploma in front of his face to avoid her taking pictures with her other camera.

"Look at you with your cap and gown, I see youuu!" Michelle shouted but immediately came to a whisper to avoid waking up the baby. "Mateo and I called to congratulate you and say that we are so so proud of you! We're gonna celebrate you as soon as we get home, we promise."

Ricky waved to her, grabbing the phone from May's hands as he hugged her. "Thank you! Little buddy just had to steal the spotlight, huh?" He laughed. "We're going to go see you asap. I love you!"

They said their goodbyes, ending the call and Aunt May turned to smile up at her nephew. "I'm so proud of you, honey. You did everything you could to be able to graduate and now look at you with your cap and gown and your diploma...everyone would be proud, but especially Peter."

He agreed, reaching for her hands. "Go with Giselle to go see Michelle, okay? Before I go, I have to see some very important people."

She understood him completely, squeezing his hand trying her best to hold her tears. "Of course. Take all the time you need."

Giselle came to May's side as Ricky gave each of them a kiss on the cheek. He carried his cap and diploma in his hand as he ran off the field and tried catching the bus. Once arriving to his destination, he put his cap back on as he walked to where they were.

"Well...I graduated. Bet you'd never see me this way, huh Pete?" He looked down at Peter's grave with the freshly flowers that May picked out for him before the ceremony. "I know you're laughing at how ridiculous I look but I also know you're proud. I did it. I did it. I did it—For Mom, Dad, Uncle Ben, May, Michelle, for your son Mateo—but especially for you cause I knew you were always on my back about it. Even though I acted a fool at times, all I ever wanted was to make you proud. I love you."

He smiled up at the sky, pretending to shoot a web before finally walking away.

THE END

NOTE!

a year ago i wrote this book and now it's finished<3 to those who continued reading thank you so so much & i really hope you enjoyed it! <333

THE SEQUEL
'JOKES ON YOU'
COMING SOON ! ! !