016

🕸

Ricky squirmed in his seat, trying to keep focus on the magazine in his hands before he heard a small chuckle coming out of Michelle. "You know you can wait for me outside, you didn't have to come in with me. I know how much the doctors bore you." Michelle was laying on the bed in front of him, her hands placed gently on her now showing belly.

"I'm here for support. I'm doing this because I love you and I know it's what Peter would've wanted." He gave up on reading the magazine, slamming it on top of the rest of the pile as he let out a deep sigh. "But we both know how long doctor's take so, I'm here to keep you company."

Michelle gave him a kind smile before they heard someone knock, welcoming her in while Ricky straightened himself up. She greeted Ricky first, shaking her cold hand and immediately greeting Michelle afterwards. She asked the normal questions that caused Ricky to zone out before he heard the doctor speak to him. "I see you're nervous. Is this your first child?"

He widened his eyes. "Oh no-"

"This is my brother-in-law. The father of my baby passed away two months ago." Michelle bit her lip, trying her best to keep a smile. "He's here in support but he's afraid of the doctors."

"I'm not afraid of the doctors." Ricky said through clenched teeth. Michelle put a hand over her mouth to cover her laugh. "Let's just get this over with."

Ricky grabbed the sliding stool and slid to Michelle's side, getting a good view of the screen as the doctor applied a small amount of clear gel on her stomach. Moving the wand on her belly, Ricky widened his eyes.

"That's the baby?"

"Yes, about the size of a lime. The baby is doing fine–fingers and toes are slowly beginning to show, digestive, skeletal, and muscle are developing, kidneys are starting to function, reflexes are developing, bone marrow is developing white blood cells and we are now able to determine the baby's gender...would you like to find out?"

"Yes!" Ricky shouted in excitement.

Michelle glared at him, pulling him back down. "No! I'm sorry, but I'd rather it be a surprise. Are we allowed to listen to the baby's heartbeat instead?"

Michelle suddenly burst into tears hearing the baby's heartbeat, covering her eyes with her free hand as Ricky squeezed her other hand.

When it was all over, Michelle and the doctor talked about taking more tests and having a healthy diet and lifestyle while Ricky looked down at the baby pictures that were printed.

"Are you trying to figure out what the gender is?" Michelle chuckled, looking over his shoulder.

"I was actually looking forward to find out if I was going to have a niece or nephew," Ricky shrugged. "I thought you would want to know as much as I did too, why didn't you?"

Michelle walked back to sit on the edge of the bed. She sighed, staring straight at Ricky. "When Peter and I tried for a baby, we both agreed to not knowing the gender until he or she was born–he wanted your parents and uncle Ben to send us what they thought was right. This is what I want. I want Peter to send what is right for me. For us."

Ricky squinted his eyes at the picture, trying really hard to determine the gender. "I just want to know if I'm going to play video games or play dress up with this baby and I'm not planning to wait six months to find out. Wait here, I'm getting the doctor."

Michelle rolled her eyes, smiling. "Peter will surprise us in six months. Please stop trying to figure out the gender and start figuring out where you're taking Aunt May and I for breakfast."

NOTE!

i wanted to have a special chapter for michelle and ricky and i actually loved it smmm💖 what do you think michelle is going to have? 👀

btw i may or may not have
already thought of a sequel
for this book . . .

ANYWAYS don't forget to vote && comment! thank you sm for reading<3