Wine, be mine

They finally arrived at Saint's home. He slowly got off the car, he sure doesn't want to wake Light up especially at this moment, Saint needs alone time, desperately. He was about to unlock his front gate when he heard a faint hi. Saint almost yelped aloud but he managed to keep it down. Standing there with a black umbrella with a comfy white hoodie was Jani. Saint nearly falls to his knees and breaks down in the middle of the street but he stood strong and smiled a teary smile at his sweet loyal best friend. They got into the house.

 Saint went to his room, laid Light on the bed, and tucked him in the bed. He looked at his sleeping son, he gently rubbed his cheek and whispered, 'Light, koala man is your papa, I know how much you love koala man, daddy had my reasons for hiding your identity from papa, he..he is going to marry someone else..poor, naive and stupid daddy, thought that everything will be alright once your papa knows your existence..sorry Light, daddy cannot provide you with a complete family but always remember you have daddy, grandma, and aunty Jani, we always love you baby koala.

Saint took a deep breath and kissed his son's forehead.

'I love you, baby, I always do.'

He got down and saw Jani pouring wine into the wine glasses. 

'I was going for champagne but we are not celebrating so I got wine cause I know you love red.'   

Saint sighed and grabbed the wine glass and gulped down the red liquid in one go.

'Slow down Saint, it is not grape juice, it is alcohol for god sake.'

Saint turned and said, it will numb my pain right, Jani?

Saint...what happened? Jani asked in a soft tone. Saint is not someone who drinks regularly and he is not someone who gulps down his alcohol like it some sort of water.

He is engaged Jani, Saint laughed bitterly while pouring the wine into his empty glass.

Who, Mew and Gulf?? A puzzled Jani asked.

He as in my son's other father Jani, Saint said then took another gulp of the wine.

What?? When, how, and why??

He was just playing with my feelings when all this while he was engaged to someone else. Why did he even try that hard to win me over when I actually just made him feel miserable. Saint asked while looking at his now empty glass.

'Saint..I..I really don't know what to say..He was really genuine in getting to know you, that's why I was okay when he was trying to win you over. I know the history between both of you but...' Jani's phone rang. Jani saw the caller ID and her eyes went wide. She coughed and cut the call. 

Anyway, Zee, he was really sincere, I really don't know what happened back then but now, Zee who don't really know who you are and don't know the fact that Light is his son just makes me feel like he really likes you. Have you ever seen how he looked at you and Light? He always smiles ear to ear when you talk to him, he is like a lost puppy, following you around and the way he treats Light, he really adores baby Light. I think this is some kind of misunderstanding, are you sure he is engage...Jani's phone rang again, she closed her eyes tightly, took her phone, and ended the call.

'Hmm, Jani, is everything alright?' Saint asked with a worried tone.

'Uh..haha.yes Saint, just an unknown number. It is not something important.'

Thanks, Jani for coming over, thanks for texting me just now as well, it was really uncomfortable third-wheeling Zee and his fiance. I don't know why but his fiance just gives out a bad vibe, I rarely judge people but her aura is just..Saint shivers..bad..She really doesn't like me. I actually saw her together with Zee at a cafe last time but Zee introduced her as a family friend. She even glared at me when she came over to Zee's childhood house, one minute she was all sweet and clingy with Zee then once she saw my face, her expression turned sour and she glared at me, talk about two faces. I should avoid her at all costs and I think that would be easy as I won't be working with Zee anymore.