A Good Day

Zee woke up early and got ready to the playhouse. He wore a black suit with white shirt matching it with and black dress shoe. He feels really good, he feels like it is going to be a very good day. He drove to the playhouse and was greeted by the school headmistress Madam Karnchana. She is a sweet lady in her mid-50s, she loves the children and treats the staff as her own family members. One of the reason why Zee and Mew still wholeheartedly sponsor the playschool till this date. They knew Madam Karnchana when she came to their school for a small donation for the playschool annual festival, Mew and Zee decided to be their main sponsor after taking a look at the playschool and the intention of a Madam Karnchana. 

'My boy Zee, it is been so long since you stepped your feet in this playschool. Did you forget about this old lady that fast?'

'Eh, no Aunty Chana, I was busy handling the business, so I hardly have time for myself.'

'You youngster should look after yourself well, money can be made any moment but taking care of one health is really important. Okay then, I will call one of my teachers to assist you when you are handling the renovation. He is a very young teacher but don't let his age fool you, he is very dedicated and know the school in the back of his hand. Let me ring him up.

'Hello, Saint, yeah, can you come to my office now, yeah, it is about what we talked in the morning. Okay, thank you.'

Zee and Madam Karnchana were chatting and they stopped when they heard a knocking. Come in said Madam Karnchana. Zee was awestruck by the male teacher who entered. He looks really beautiful, such flawless skin and such strong features, what a beauty. The young teacher looks familiar, have they met before. The young teacher did not notice the other older man in the room.

'Saint, glad you can make it. This is Zee Pruk Panich, one of our main sponsors, and you will assist him in the renovation project.

Saint turned and smiled at the stranger but once he laid his eyes on said stranger, his face dropped, his smiled turned and he froze on his spot.

'This can't be true, I must be dreaming, dear god, wake me up from this nightmare. How in the world even I got into this situation in the first place?'

'Saint? '

Zee waved his hand in front of the daydreaming Saint. 

'Are you okay?'

Saint put a smile and said, yeah.

'Uhmm, nothing is wrong Sir Panich. It is nice meeting you.' 

Zee smiled and grasped Saint hands only to be dropped by Saint immediately. Zee was taken aback by Saint's peculiar behaviour but chose not to pinpoint it out. 

'Say, Saint, have we met before?'

'No! I mean, haha, no, this is my first time seeing you Sir Panich. 

'Oh, okay, Saint, you can just call me Zee, Sir sounds so formal and makes me sound like I am in my 40s or something. '

'Okay Zee, let me give a mini-tour around the school okay.' 

Saint was being really professional and did not let his emotion get the best of him. 

'So, Zee, this is the main building that going to be renovated.'

Zee nodded his head and jotted some important details. He is the one designing the interior design for the playschool.

'Okay, Saint, thanks for today, this is my card, I will text you if I have any question about the playschool.'

Uhm, Zee rubbed his neck and licked his lips, a telltale that he is nervous.

'Can I get your number so it would be easy to contact you?'

Saint looked at Zee for a solid one minute and nodded his head. He keyed in his number in Zee's phone. They both bid goodbye and Saint went to the staff room, it was break time and he saw Jani typing away on her laptop.

'Heyyyya bestie', greeted Jani once she noticed the presence of her best friend. 

'I saw you were walking with a handsome hunk, new boyfriend? 

Saint glared at Jani.

'Hey, calm down scary bunny, I know it was Zee Pruk Panich, I was just pulling your leg. So, how was the tour, was he as friendly as his brother?'

'Saint said bitterly, very friendly, why don't you take over and assist him in this project?'

'Hey Saint, are you okay, why do you look really upset and you do look pale like you just saw a ghost?

'Can you take over Jani, saint pleaded.'

'No can do mister, you were personally assigned by Madam Chana and I assisted the older Panich last time.

'Oh God', said Saint while smacking his head on the wooden table repeatedly.

'Jani, I guess the universe really hates me.'

What's wrong Saint? You kept on saying things in riddle, spill the beans now.

'I...Saint stopped when he heard a very familiar voice calling him. It was no other than his son.

'Daddy?'

Baby Koala, come here. 

Light ran to his daddy and hugged his legs. Saint carried his son in his arms and kissed his cheeks and face repeatedly. He hugged his son tightly while he cried silently.

'Light, always remember that Daddy loves you so much and that Daddy will never ever leave you. Daddy always do and want the best for Light okay. Daddy loves you so so much my baby Koala, never ever forget that okay. 

Light looked at his daddy's face, he slowly placed his small hands on his daddy's cheeks and wiped the tears that seems not going to stop any moment. He kissed his daddy's nose and placed his forehead on his daddy's forehead.

'Don't cri dada, Light ish here. Light loves dada this much', said Light while opening his arms as wide as possible.'

 Saint let out a teary chuckle and sniffles his son's cheek. After hugging and kissing his son to his heart content, Saint dropped his son at his classroom as break time going to end soon.

 Once Saint is back to the staffroom, Jani looked at Saint weirdly and said, okay you better spill everything. I want to know what is going on Saint, what was that? Why were you crying while hugging your son for dear life, like he is going to leave you any moment? You are scaring me, Saint. It is really obvious something happened just now for you to behave like this especially in front of your son. Saint eyes brimmed with tears. Jani quickly pulled Saint to their pantry, it is a bit scheduled. 

'Saint, you better tell me the truth, what happened?

'Light..I..him...he was here..'

'Who? Who was here asked Jani while looking at Saint who looks visibly shaken.'

'Light's father. I saw Light's father.'

Zee was driving back to his office. He cannot stop thinking about Saint, he swears he has seen Saint before but he cannot recall where to be exact. Saint's weird behaviour made Zee doubt that Saint must know him as well but what puzzled him was why Saint need to pretend he did not know him. Something is really off and Zee need to dig out the truth. Zee is really determined to find out about the young teacher's background. The young teacher caught Zee's attention, something about him just makes Zee feel mesmerized, is it his stunning looks or his polite manner? Whatever it is, the young CEO has taken an interest in the male teacher.