Cooking Together (Terubai/Teruya Otori x Syobai Hashimoto)

"Hey, Syobai!" Teruya called from the kitchen, knowing that his boyfriend was on the couch in that daze between sleep and reality. 

Syobai raised his head, turning to the kitchen. "Th' hell do you want?" He called back.

"I'm making supper, do you want to come and help me?" The merchant asked.

"...Teruya, it's not even the evening yet. Why are you making food so early?" The smaller man asked. "Besides, you know I can't cook for shit."

"I'm making cottage roll, and it takes a long time to cook! It only needs a few ingredients, so why don't you come over and I'll show you?" Teruya urged.

With a groan, Syobai got off the couch and walked into the kitchen, going over to his boyfriend's side to look over at the piece of ham in the pot. "So, how exactly are we supposed to cook this thing?" He looked at it in confusion with a furrowed brow.

"First of all, we have to season it." Teruya instructed. "People usually do it with bay leaves and peppercorns, and we just need to add them to the water."

"Alright, I'll, uh, get them." Syobai went over to the spice rack Teruya had insisted on having, thankful that the merchant labelled all the bottles of spices. He grabbed the two in question and headed back to his boyfriend. "So, I just put these in the water? Then how will the top of the roll or whatever get flavoured?"

"It's going to boil and soften it, so all of it will be flavoured." Teruya replied, taking the bottles of spices from Syobai and placing some bay leaves and peppercorns in the water. Turning some knobs on the stove and assuring that the water in the pot would boil, he stepped back and sighed.

The broker looked at him in confusion. "Wait, that's it? There's nothing else?" 

"Nope, now we just have to wait about two or so hours until it cooks. I'm also planning on making some instant mashed potatoes to go with it as well as use some leftovers." Teruya started guiding Syobai back to the couch in the living room. "Now, how about we rest for now while we wait? I'm not supposed to fall asleep, but I'm not stopping you from doing so."

"Fine with me, just get on the couch." Syobai motioned to the couch and Teruya lay across it. Syobai got on top of him soon after, lying on his chest while watching the television. Soon, the smaller man fell asleep, and Teruya looked at his sleeping face with a loving look.

The two of them stayed like that until the merchant had to gently move Syobai off of him so he could take the cottage roll off the heat.

Art credit: pipipyoco on twitter