Fighting Side by Side (Mikanade/Mikado Sannoji x Kanade Otonokoji)

(Warning: spoilers for chapter 3 and the members of Void!)

"Out of all the ways I thought my day was going to go," Kanade shouted over the sounds of gunfire, "I never thought it'd be running from the goddamn foundation!"

"Well, not everything goes to plan now, does it?!" Mikado retorted, reloading his gun and returning fire to those shooting at them.

When the Kisaragi Foundation managed to liberate the participants of the killing game, one of their first actions was to place Mikado and Kanade under arrest under the charges of running a killing game among other charges and multiple counts of murder, respectively. Unfortunately, not even a week had passed before the two of them had made a deal and broke out together.

Of course, the alarm had sounded and the Kisaragi Foundation had begun to chase the duo to recapture them. However, Kanade and Mikado had stolen the weapons off the guards they killed, and since Mikado couldn't use his powers because of exhaustion, they were forced to fight together to escape.

"Where the hell is there a spare car around here?!" Kanade looked around frantically before seeing a red car. "There! I'll drive, just get in the back and keep shooting!"

The two of them quickly got in the car and Kanade stepped on the gas, making the car take off at a speed not imaginable to regular humans. With the foundation chasing them, they were able to get onto the highway and outwit the foundation cars chasing them, making them crash into other cars and each other.

"Kanade, we have a helicopter tracking us and I'm out of bullets!" Mikado cried, putting down his gun, and Kanade looked ahead of her with her eyes narrowed. There were two other red cars and a bridge ahead. Perfect.

She drove into the lane between them in the sight of the helicopter, and continued like that until they went under the bridge. She then pulled ahead of one of the cars in the other lane and slowed down, forcing them to go into the lane where they were. 

She drove at a regular speed to keep in line with the other cars as they left the safety of the bridge, and she drove onto an exit ramp at a regular speed, sighing in relief as the helicopter continued to follow the car in their place.

"Alright, as soon as we find a safe place, I'm dying my hair and changing my name." Kanade decided, forcing her hands to stop shaking. "What about you?"

"I think it'd be better if we stick together after this. I can hack, so I can forge us a few things." Mikado agreed. "New identities are a must, and I can hack us money while we get some boring jobs to fit in."

With that, the two criminals drove off into the distance to begin their new lives.

Art credit: qwer70415_1 on twitter