"I'm Sorry" (Mikaeda/Mikado Sannoji x Yuki Maeda)

(Warning: death, spoilers for sdra2 up to chapter 5, ignoring the deaths here!)

Mikado smiled as the culprit was pulled away to her execution. He never quite saw eye to eye with Yoruko, so he was glad that she was gone.

On the fifth island, he and Iroha had killed Teruya as planned, but he never accounted for one of the other remaining participants to murder. While he had been distracted, Yoruko had tried to murder Yuki, but Sora had interfered and gotten killed instead.

Yuki had fled the scene in tears and accidentally met Iroha, who he told what had happened. When she and Mikado arrived on the scene, the body discovery announcement had went off. With Yuki's account and the rules of the body discovery announcement, the hostess was quickly sentenced and taken to her death.

Mikado decided not to kill Iroha as Monocrow announced that Void had won the game and that the killing school trip was over. She couldn't escape anyways, and he was more focused on Yuki. The recreation wasn't completely perfect, but it was good enough to cause the final change: Yuki witnessing the murder of the one the killer cared about the most.

Thanks to that, Yuki's eyes had gone blank and he had grown expressionless. Mikado and Iroha saw him, knowing that it was finally time. "M-Master Utsuro...are you there?" The wizard hesitantly asked.

The other boy only looked around, confused, half-aware, and ignoring Mikado's question. "Where...am I? I'm not dead? Why am I...?"

"M-M-Master Utsuro! You're really back!" Iroha exclaimed, getting his attention as the Voids stared at him with rapt excitement in their eyes.

Utsuro turned around and looked at them with disapproval. "Are you the ones that brought me back?" He asked.

"Y-Yes!" The painter chirped. "You have no idea how happy-" 

Iroha never got to finish her sentence. While she spoke, Mikado had snuck up behind her and snapped her neck, killing her instantly. "Good riddance." He spoke, stepping over her body and closer to the lucky student. "Master...you're finally back." 

Utsuro hesitated, then stepped back in concern. "My luck...?"

"It's no use, your Divine Luck won't work here. In this world, you're just a regular human with no luck whatsoever." The wizard informed, getting closer and grabbing Utsuro's wrist so he couldn't run. "You're all mine, Master. I only want what's yours. Thank you for reviving yourself for me."

"What are you doing?!" The other boy gasped as Mikado's hands went to his throat. 

"Yuki, if there's any bit of you still in there, I'm sorry." The wizard sighed. "I cannot undo what happened to you, but I'll make sure what happened to you won't be wasted." With those words, Mikado's hands started squeezing.

Art credit: mirangsataraxia on tistory